DEER BLINDS/STAND

We have several heated shacks out, This is the last one 8x12 all window.. We went to all insulated windows due to the constant fogging of the single panes. Cant beat them I spend 9 days all day hunting when its nice im out in the woods and in the shack when its nasty.

image.thumb.png.09519bbad61e42c36588cf64ad7ac187.png

• Like 3
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How red-neck are you??? Mike

WELL IT AINT MUCH BUT HERE IS ONE PICTURE..MORE COMING IN FEW DAYS...GOT TAR PAPER OVER WINDOWS BECAUSE OF RAIN COMING IN.

HAVE BEEN GOING TO BUILD A VERY NICE INSULATED DEER STAND ON A WAGON RUNNING GEAR FOR YEARS. HAD A KNOWLES RUNNING GEAR GAVE TO ME. NEEDED TWO RIMS...FOUR TIRES AND TUBES. HAD TIRE SHOP DO FIXING. EVE

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CAN A PERSON DIE USING A MR HEATER VENTLESS BLUE FLAME WALL HEATER? YOU CAN SEE IT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PICTURE. I GOT TWO ALARMS BUT I AM A VERY HEAVY SLEEPER. 

20201021_113609.jpg

Can a person die?  Yes.  Will they die, maybe

Most CO2 Alarms go off at a level that will still leave you with some exposure, that may be enough to give you a headache or just feel a bit beat down in a mild case, to more severe if you have breathing issues.

if it was me and the alarm was going off I would ponder some changes, Please be safe

• Like 1
7 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Can a person die?  Yes.  Will they die, maybe

Most CO2 Alarms go off at a level that will still leave you with some exposure, that may be enough to give you a headache or just feel a bit beat down in a mild case, to more severe if you have breathing issues.

if it was me and the alarm was going off I would ponder some changes, Please be safe

I haven't answered because I don't know the answer but I would caution to the safe side. I use a little buddy heater but I don't have windows so it's only for keeping our hands warm 

we use a lil buddy heater in ours, carry them in/out with us because we have had stuff stolen unfortunately, we use sliding plexiglass windows so they are not very air tight, it get plenty hot in there - id say if it was all shut up and air tight, it would be concerning, i have noticed i have gotten a lil light headed after a few hours in ours but maybe it was my worrying nature. I roll up a jersey glove and stick it in the corner of a couple windows to keep the air moving. I dont sleep in ours though. If I was going to sleep in one i would use an externally exhausted heater with a CO2 alarm also but again im a worry wart. 

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
On 6/23/2020 at 7:26 AM, searcyfarms said:

u can use a 

u can use a small inverter on a battery that will power a small tv, you will be plenty hot in there for sure with the insulation and definitely have a lot of room 

YES I MENT TO MAKE A REPLY BACK. WITH MY BUDDY WALL FURNACE SET ON LOW IT SAYS 72 AT ALL TIME. SAT IN THERE HUNTING WITH JUSTR SOCKS  LONG JOHNS AND BLACE ORANGE T-SHIRT. THE FURNACE HAS A THERMOSTADT. LIFE IS GOOD.

• Like 1
On 8/16/2020 at 1:59 AM, farmall666 said:

YEAH I THOUGHT OF HEATING IT WITH WOOD BUT THEN ITS MORE WORK. GOING TO HEAT IT WITH A MR. BIG BUDDY HEATE. I AM GOING TO USE TWO CO2 ALARMS IN IT. PLUS I WILL LEAVE TWO OF THE WINDOWS CRACKED OPEN A WAYS. THE HEATER SO SUPPOSE TO HAVE A AUTOMATRIC SHUT OFFER IF LOW OXYGEN LEVEL BUT I DONT TRUST OR WANT TO FIND OUT TO LATE...

I BOUGHT A MR HEATER WALL MOUNT HEATER. IT HAS LOW OXYGEN SHUT DOWN. ALSO A THERMOSTADT. I LEAVE WINDOW OPEN COUPLE INCHES. HAVE TWO ALARMS.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, farmall666 said:

YES I MENT TO MAKE A REPLY BACK. WITH MY BUDDY WALL FURNACE SET ON LOW IT SAYS 72 AT ALL TIME. SAT IN THERE HUNTING WITH JUST SOCKS  LONG JOHNS AND BLAZE ORANGE T-SHIRT. THE FURNACE HAS A THERMOSTADT. LIFE IS GOOD.

• Like 1