Ihfan4life

Boiling / dipping radiator?

Any idea what it costs to have a radiator boiled/ or dipped? I have a compact tractor radiator that’s not cooling and after 20 minutes or so it will overheat. I’m not 100% sure it’s in the radiator but I’m thinking it’s probably going to have to be boiled or swapped out with a rebuild/ remanufactured one.

what year and model tractor you have ?

It's tough to find anyone that does it here in Southern Wisconsin.  I hauled my WD-9 radiator 3 hours north to Wausau to someone that actually boiled it out.

Around here all they do is recore them now.

Success is sweet! 
I got the radiator recored and back in. Mowed tall grass with it for an hour or so and it didn’t overheat. One more project off my list! 

On 5/18/2020 at 8:46 PM, ksfarmdude said:

what year and model tractor you have ?

‘87 Caseih 255 compact.

I would love to find a hydraulic remote kit to put on it as it’s basically useless without  any remotes. 

• Like 2

I put a used radiator in a 245 utility several months ago. The one in it was past repair and rotten. That sucker was $500-used- with a one year warranty. No new ones to be found- checked everywhere I knew. Good luck. 

21 minutes ago, highcotton said:

I put a used radiator in a 245 utility several months ago. The one in it was past repair and rotten. That sucker was $500-used- with a one year warranty. No new ones to be found- checked everywhere I knew. Good luck. 

This was $350(?) recored.

When I looked before I saw they weren’t available anywhere. I think new price would have been close to $900!! That’s a lot for such a small radiator!