Jump to content
GT&T

Farmall tractor overhaul film from 1965

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, GT&T said:

I found this old IH dealer video on you tube.   I've seen a lot of old videos but never this one.   Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIFV97s72TA

GT&T

Good video.  I found it interesting the price difference was 40 dollars.  What would an overhaul on a 400 cost at that time.  I’m only 45 years old so 5000 and up is what I’m used to on an overhaul.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing!  That is neat.  It is jus so interesting to hear and see how IH Dealers and the Company looked back then, the uniforms, parts bins etc.

I worked at a dealer in the 80's  so the parts bins and parts Dept still resembled the stuff in this video.  So cool

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Paystar5000 said:

Good video.  I found it interesting the price difference was 40 dollars.  What would an overhaul on a 400 cost at that time.  I’m only 45 years old so 5000 and up is what I’m used to on an overhaul.  

Don't know about 1965 but in 62 a fire crater piston and sleeve set for the engine was 80.09. Crankshaft with bearings 81.68. Intake valves 1.47, exhaust 5.87. Valve springs .49 Governor overhaul kit 20.60, oil filter pack of three .70. Carburetor kit 7.35. Upper gasket set 3.16. Don't have a price for a full gasket set or the other parts mentioned. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DWV said:

Don't know about 1965 but in 62 a fire crater piston and sleeve set for the engine was 80.09. Crankshaft with bearings 81.68. Intake valves 1.47, exhaust 5.87. Valve springs .49 Governor overhaul kit 20.60, oil filter pack of three .70. Carburetor kit 7.35. Upper gasket set 3.16. Don't have a price for a full gasket set or the other parts mentioned. 

How did you know these prices? 

I would like to have the grill that was in the video at around 16:15 or so and or the 400 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great video. I had not seen that one. Thanks for posting it. My how times and prices have changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have 3-4" of those IT flat rate in files

they should have been testing bearings in the 560

and not tossed ALL the other process's/parts/plants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is better than watching TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great video!  I know my 450 overhaul was over 4K$ including a reground crank and even that was probably 20 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bitty said:

How did you know these prices? 

I would like to have the grill that was in the video at around 16:15 or so and or the 400 

1962 IH parts and accessories catalog sent to customer  from Randall Implement CO. Aurora Indiana. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...