Sign in to follow this  
red tractor fever

Lawnmowers

Friday morning my wife decided she wanted a push lawnmower to get into places I couldn't get with the other mower. I of course had no issues with that. And considering the rebates on everything at Menards and the fact we've needed a few things the last while we'd racked up ALMOST $100 bucks on a rebate card. And if we theoretically applied the 11% off on it it made for a pretty cheap mower. She wanted self propelled and electric start if possible. That meant only one option, a Lawnboy. Only one left in stock so we headed to town. In the 20 minutes it took us to get there it got sold. 

We couldn't find it so we asked for help. The employee knew what we were talking about and where it was. But as stated we soon discovered it was gone. About the same time I noticed he had a mask on, now mandatory there, made with John Deere fabric. He obviously noticed my IH t-shirt and suddenly had an attitude. We were done so he left us.

Here's where the real fun began cause we had to choose something else. Had no idea their were so many options, front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, and some didn't have side discharge, only a bag system and we wanted no part of that. Funniest thing we saw on several of the mowers was NO OIL CHANGE NECESSARY. Got a big chuckle out of that one. 

We ended up with a red Craftsman rear wheel drive. She put it through the paces on Saturday and was pleased with its performance. Was ready to play some more today till last night's 1.5 inches of rain. We did notice to its assembled in the USA with global parts. Kinda liked that to.

downsized_0516201539.jpg

0516201547.jpg

• Like 1

I was almost ready to load a toro last summer, then decided I would stew on it. by the time I decided to do it it was gone. ought to do something about that this year, seems I end up spending time with the trimmer that would be quicker with a push mower. 

hope you like it. looks like a nice unit.