i have been waiting for a couple weeks now for my manual to arrive, i watch the tracking from time to time to see it moving around out there but it hasn't arrived yet. 
i just got some time to drain fluids and change filters and i have more questions than answers. 
1. see some saying gear oil in the rear end and trans and HyTran in the torque converter. some say Hytran everywhere. also it seems that the hydraulic system and the shuttle/ trans system are totally separate on this machine, if so do i use hytran in the hydraulic system or do i use just plain old R+O ? its pretty milky and i would like to get the water worked out of it. 
2. where the heck is the hydraulic filter? is there one? i have crawled all around this thing and don't find it. i have a new one, so i assume one exists but i cant find it anywhere. 
3. i have heard 22 or 24 gallon hydraulic fluid capacity for this thing, is that 12 or so in the loader frame for hydraulics, and the rest in the shuttle/rear end? is that 22 or so in the hydraulics and the rest is another figure? 
4 as far as draining the shuttle there are a couple drain plugs right in the bell housing area, do i just pull them then refill under the floor boards? IIRC there is a drain plug on the torque converter itself on the 580K, is the B like that? had to get a special tool to turn in on the K to get the drain plug at the bottom. 
5. and this may be a silly question, oil that is in cylinders and lines, does it, like brake fluid just stay there once its there? for instance the actual oil in the boom cylinder, does it change itself out as the machine is used? or once it has filled up after being serviced or installed does it keep the same old oil in there so trapped contaminants wont ever work their way out? ( this is something i have always pondered on all types of equipment) 
6. this seems to have a power steering pump, is it yet another system that needs changing? does it have a filter? and what should i be using in it? 

i sure ill have more questions, but theres only so much daylight today.

Iwill also add that things I have read mention dipsticks ahead of and behind the transmission shifters, as well as fill plugs, if there are dipsticks on mine the are attached to the fill plugs. because there is nothing sticking up there.  

IMG_0732.JPG

we have a good dealer so , make them answer any tech questions

and I can only answer the cylinder oil, changes out 85%+ in 4-5 strokes as each opposite action is returned to the res

we have each model of the 530 for at home and 590 sl for farm

This is what the book at work says. ( we sell Case construction, CaseIH, and Navistar):

580B;

Hydraulics; Hy-Tran 11 gal loader backhoe,   5.5 gal if 3 point hitch

Transmission; 135H EP (85w140) 17 qt

Torque converter/Torque tube; Hy-Tran 16 qt w/ shuttle trans,   42 qt w/ hydro trans

Mark

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, metalhead said:

This is what the book at work says. ( we sell Case construction, CaseIH, and Navistar):

580B;

Hydraulics; Hy-Tran 11 gal loader backhoe,   5.5 gal if 3 point hitch

Transmission; 135H EP (85w140) 17 qt

Torque converter/Torque tube; Hy-Tran 16 qt w/ shuttle trans,   42 qt w/ hydro trans

Mark

see, now i am sort of confused, i have a 4 speed trans and a hydraulic shuttle shift, so does that mean i have the shuttle trans, not the hydro? i am 100 percent sure i have a torque converter. it appears to be a similar system to the 580K

Yes, you would have the shuttle trans.

• Thanks 1

So this evening I drained about 8-10 quarts out of the shuttle, that looked fine, and about 9 gallons of milkshake out of the transaxle...yuck! I’m guessing it was HyTran originally, it sure wasn’t gear oil and it smelled rotten. I’m thinking of refilling with traveler brand of hydraulic trans oil to rinse the water out then Going to gear oil.  I need to repair the shift boot and get a new nylon gasket for the fill plug. It is currently draining. The hydraulic fluid was equally milky but didn’t seem to have curdled the way the trans had I have often thought of putting a clear plastic drip leg on transmission drains to collect water, if it wasn’t in such a vulnerable spot I might just. 

23 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I’m thinking of refilling with traveler brand of hydraulic trans oil to rinse the water out then Going to gear oil

Don't want to hyjack your thread or start an oil thread. Just wondering if the experts can tell us the best way to clean up milky oil. Everyone says Hy-tran has a tremendous ability to absorb water but it's too expensive to use as a flush. If the cheap stuff will not absorb water does it do much good to run it through? Is there an additive you could put with the cheap stuff to absorb all the water without hurting anything? Alcohol maybe? Or would that be bad?

all our 530 have the shuttle/reverser and 4 spd

IIRc  2 have the twin disc converter drive with gears, parts NLA but operates similar to auto in 580/590

the other std clutch

for really bad water issues DRS/servpro had these and heaters..remove pto cover drain plugs caps etc add duct and let run 24 hr

https://www.homedepot.com/tool-truck-rental/PRO-Carpet-Blower/F504/index.html

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MarkG said:

Don't want to hyjack your thread or start an oil thread. Just wondering if the experts can tell us the best way to clean up milky oil. Everyone says Hy-tran has a tremendous ability to absorb water but it's too expensive to use as a flush. If the cheap stuff will not absorb water does it do much good to run it through? Is there an additive you could put with the cheap stuff to absorb all the water without hurting anything? Alcohol maybe? Or would that be bad?

Alcohol has the ability to surround molecules of water so they would not mix and is hard on deteriorating rubber, I don't think this would be a good choice that could create more problems. I would refill with your cheap oil and just work it to try and get any water present to emulsify and then dump til your satisfied you can switch back to the proper lubricant.