Sign in to follow this  
Ihfan4life

Funerals and coronavirus

We had a graveyard service for my Aunt who died around the middle of December. 
She had been ill for awhile now. 
My sister was planning on driving 2-1/2 hours to attend, but for some reason decided to call the funeral home first. 
No crowds over 9 people ( I think they were counting the preacher as 1)

A waiting list if you were coming. And if you weren’t on the list...🤬😱

Mind you, this was outdoor in a wide open cemetery with plenty of space to stand! I called up my Aunts niece from her side of the family and asked if she knew how many we’re planning on attending and she thought there would be about that number. After talking with them both, my sister and I elected not to go. 
Pretty sad when you can’t even pay your respects to the deceased. 

• Sad 3

One of my pulling buddies lost his oldest son to brain cancer late last month.   Heartbreaking that there was no service.   Just when the parents need friends the most for support that is not available.

• Sad 6

All this stuff has gotten out of hand , far as I'm concerned leave it up to the individual whether they go or not and expect there to be a crowd of people, this goes for most everything. Our church is going to start having mass next week but only 22 families of 5 or less people are allowed , no one over age 65, hand sanitizer before you enter, 6ft apart for communion, one pew at a time, and must wear a mask, going alphabetical order which means I can't go till June 4th. Hope things change by then or I just might not go and I have a feeling others feel the same way. Some people need to eat more dirt, sorry just tired of all this crap.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, bkorth said:

All this stuff has gotten out of hand , far as I'm concerned leave it up to the individual whether they go or not and expect there to be a crowd of people, this goes for most everything. Our church is going to start having mass next week but only 22 families of 5 or less people are allowed , no one over age 65, hand sanitizer before you enter, 6ft apart for communion, one pew at a time, and must wear a mask, going alphabetical order which means I can't go till June 4th. Hope things change by then or I just might not go and I have a feeling others feel the same way. Some people need to eat more dirt, sorry just tired of all this crap.

Maybe our social responsibility is more important than personal desires?

• Sad 1

We just got back from an outside service a few miles from our normal church. Glad to be able to go. It must be horrible to have a funeral service postponed.. childhood neighbor passed away a few weeks ago and there is nothing planned at the moment. 

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

We had a graveyard service for my Aunt who died around the middle of December. 
She had been ill for awhile now. 
My sister was planning on driving 2-1/2 hours to attend, but for some reason decided to call the funeral home first. 
No crowds over 9 people ( I think they were counting the preacher as 1)

A waiting list if you were coming. And if you weren’t on the list...🤬😱

Mind you, this was outdoor in a wide open cemetery with plenty of space to stand! I called up my Aunts niece from her side of the family and asked if she knew how many we’re planning on attending and she thought there would be about that number. After talking with them both, my sister and I elected not to go. 
Pretty sad when you can’t even pay your respects to the deceased. 

that is sad, I am sorry for your family, and for your loss. I am pretty sure the number is upping to 25 Monday. doesn't help you now, but its a step in the right direction. we just lost an older friend, and I am wondering how it will be handled, it would have been one big get together under normal circumstances. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

I'm not looking for an argument, just stating my opinion, we are at least still allowed to do that. Your statement is kinda my point, if a person feels that it's there social responsibility to stay away from everyone then they should do just that , if they want to go out then they should be allowed to without being chastised for it, if a business thinks they should stay closed for their personal safety then do so, customers can make the same choice,common sense goes a long way.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

Your position is that Governor Inslee should make your social decisions for you?  I prefer to believe it is my PERSONAL responsibility to make an educated decision based on the circumstances at hand.  If I am sick I stay home and I do not need a dimwitted politician or health department employee to issue an edict attempting to control my actions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In my opinion different areas need to be regulated differently.  Kinda hard to do. They're trying to keep cases down in hospitals. Hospitals cant say you were irresponsible...we are not treating you. I do believe that it's been over done. Probably 90% of hospitals have not been overrun with cases. Hard to say what could've happened without social distancing.  They are storing bodies in refrigerated trucks and burying people in mass graves. It's a very sad thing for all!

I have had a pretty poor opinion about elected officials and gov wonks for a long time. Recent events have made me decide that their heads would better serve as decorations on pike poles.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, hanniedog said:

I have had a pretty poor opinion about elected officials and gov wonks for a long time. Recent events have made me decide that their heads would better serve as decorations on pike poles.

That's the problem, it has become a political weapon and the media is doing their part to scare the sheep.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardDSalyer said:

Your position is that Governor Inslee should make your social decisions for you?  I prefer to believe it is my PERSONAL responsibility to make an educated decision based on the circumstances at hand.  If I am sick I stay home and I do not need a dimwitted politician or health department employee to issue an edict attempting to control my actions.

My thoughts EXACTLY!
If more people were given personal responsibility than we wouldn’t need such huge government overreach. This INCLUDES their own financial responsibility. IF these people had to go without... many of them could and would pull themselves up and get off the government teat. I also feel that government teat is structured so as to PREVENT people from getting off of it. 
Sorry for the misdirect... carry on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ihfan4life said:

My thoughts EXACTLY!
If more people were given personal responsibility than we wouldn’t need such huge government overreach. This INCLUDES their own financial responsibility. IF these people had to go without... many of them could and would pull themselves up and get off the government teat. I also feel that government teat is structured so as to PREVENT people from getting off of it. 
Sorry for the misdirect... carry on.

The real problem is those issuing the burdensome regulations are all PAID government employees.  In Kansas and many other states, government employees were furloughed with full pay.  These employees were provided paid leave on the backs of the taxpayers, paid vacation!  As a "small" business owner, I did not lay off any employees from the lowest paid to those who could afford the sacrifice.  I did not force any employee to take a pay cut.  I bit the bullet as it was/is my responsibility to assist my employees to the best of my ability in this time of need.  I believe this is my responsibility due to the teaching I received from my parents and grand parents as well as my Catholic education.  I am not a good practicing Catholic but my faith in God is unwavering and firm.  My faith in my fellow man who wears the cloth of the Lord is not unequivocal and sometimes is called into question.  My return will be (hopefully) loyalty and increased productivity.  For eight (8) weeks and ongoing, I have had several employees stay at home due to the government mandating me to close my lobby to the general public, but with full pay and benefits.  I also have several of those Moms on paid leave (reassignment) in order to care for children of company employees who were forced into temporary company provided day care due to school closings. I made arrangements to temporarily lease a closed private school in order to provide the day care / school.  The voluntary reassignment of these wonderful ladies to manage a temporary day care / and teach school for their unfortunate children and a few children from siblings also affected by the school closings has allowed other employees to return to work as government reopening plans bear fruition. 

If the government farks administrating many of the new programs were forced to survive in the private sector, they would starve to death.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, RichardDSalyer said:

For eight (8) weeks and ongoing, I have had several employees stay at home due to the government mandating me to close my lobby to the general public, but with full pay and benefits.  I also have several of those Moms on paid leave (reassignment) in order to care for children of company employees who were forced into temporary company provided day care due to school closings. I made arrangements to temporarily lease a closed private school in order to provide the day care / school.  The voluntary reassignment of these wonderful ladies to manage a temporary day care / and teach school for their unfortunate children and a few children from siblings also affected by the school closings has allowed other employees to return to work as government reopening plans bear fruition. 

Mr. Sayler

You sir and many other small business owners deserve a well earned Humanitarian  Medal for keeping America Great.

Fred 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GT&T said:

Mr. Sayler

You sir and many other small business owners deserve a well earned Humanitarian  Medal for keeping America Great.

Fred 

Plus1! 

• Like 1

Lost a friend to the same cancer that took dad...his family could not even travel for his last days and funeral...

I sure hope the summer heat kills this virus...

• Sad 1

Cousin of my moms. Passed away from heart attack or stroke at 71 on May 1. He was well liked and truly talked to anybody only 20 people at his funeral when there should have been 400.

• Sad 1