Sign in to follow this  
vtfireman85

The patient

From my seat I see more guns than I have arms, you all want to eat my ducks go ahead and try, I have already announced my intentions to shoot anything predatory 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

From my seat I see more guns than I have arms, you all want to eat my ducks go ahead and try, I have already announced my intentions to shoot anything predatory 

Why suddenly do I think of Big Enos asking Little Enos why there were no bullets in his gun??

• Haha 1

Everyone wants to eat bonkers. That's just......what's another word for crazy?

7 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Why suddenly do I think of Big Enos asking Little Enos why there were no bullets in his gun??

The all have clips in

5 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

The all have clips in

Clips?

But are there any bullets in the clips???

7 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Clips?

But are there any bullets in the clips???

image.gif.523894dc9d8aa563fb806c83fbb09365.gif

• Haha 1

That is one "Lucky Duck"

3 hours ago, MTO said:

That is one "Lucky Duck"

she is, if the Mrs hadn't been home with the windows open she might not have been aware. I bet we would have lost more than just one. 

We have quite a few ducks but it the ones with the personalities that stand out   Those ones get a little special attention more than the rest. Watermelon just started showing up in stores again so we bought one ‘this weekend and had some and hand fed the rest to the ducks they love it. Along with Cheerios  for a treat too 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forwhldrv said:

We have quite a few ducks but it the ones with the personalities that stand out   Those ones get a little special attention more than the rest. Watermelon just started showing up in stores again so we bought one ‘this weekend and had some and hand fed the rest to the ducks they love it. Along with Cheerios  for a treat too 

Ours are still getting peas as a treat, I’m buying 20lb boxes from the local deli. I’d get it from the supermarket but they still are rationing it

10 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

image.gif.523894dc9d8aa563fb806c83fbb09365.gif

Lucky?????

I have got Willie B on my side!!  What do I need luck for????

8 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Lucky?????

I have got Willie B on my side!!  What do I need luck for????

I haven’t seen Seth shoot, but I’ve seen you move.... better take an extra box of luck with you!

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2020 at 9:35 PM, 1586 Jeff said:

I like steak!!!

Second duck?  I was under the impression that Sethro was raising more than one duck, so that feeding multiple people/people with large appetites would not be a problem!!!

Same road I last saw you I met an antique road tractor pulling a large "modern" IH tractor with a big spikey piece of hay equipment. I only got a glimpse. Might that have been you? I can't say the model, but I'd say 1980s, 140 or more HP. 

18 minutes ago, Willie B said:

Same road I last saw you I met an antique road tractor pulling a large "modern" IH tractor with a big spikey piece of hay equipment. I only got a glimpse. Might that have been you? I can't say the model, but I'd say 1980s, 140 or more HP. 

Was not I.

Was the truck a conventional (hood), or a cab over?

9 hours ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Was not I.

Was the truck a conventional (hood), or a cab over?

I'm not sure, divided highway, I was looking elsewhere. I noticed only out of the corner of my eye, By the time I got my head swiveled enough I didn't get a real good look. Truck was old, as was the tractor, as it was IH & they don't hardly make them any more.

Old Ford Mustangs seem more plentiful now than the year they were made. I know you can build one just from reproduction parts. My question is: "Why would you want to?"

IH tractors seem to live forever. To me they seem as plentiful as when they were being produced. I'm astounded how many pre 1986 are in annual use in Hay & corn fields. One farm I know well was still using a Farmall M the grandfather bought new in 1939 until a few years ago.  Of course these people refer to the new engine on the sawmill. The mill had a steam engine in 1928. They were trying unsuccessfully to saw one day, something kept failing on the engine. The old man climbed in his car, went to Crosby's (the IH dealer 2 miles away) When he returned, he announced "They'll deliver a new power unit after lunch". It was a gasoline/kerosene unit, looked like the front of a tractor of the day. 

51 minutes ago, Willie B said:

Old Ford Mustangs seem more plentiful now than the year they were made. I know you can build one just from reproduction parts. My question is: "Why would you want to?"

Cuase their cool. 🙂

Their are a couple companies now i think that offer complete rolling bodies in several years that are brand new. Not sure the average person could get ALL the needed parts to build a complete chasis out of available repo parts but you could come close, your right.

Yes, It can be done. It places the cost of a new 1966 plain Jane Mustang at about $45000. I could NOT do that. I remember lack of interest way back then!

In the muscle car era, I only considered the Chrysler offerings serious contenders. I was thunder struck by a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner owned by a family member a bit older than me. By 1974 I had lost out on A Jaguar XK120, and finally bought a 1968 Jaguar E Type roadster. These cars (lied) claimed similar horsepower, but they could take a corner! They weighed 2/3 what American muscle weighed. 

Sorry, Mustang was as exciting as the Mavericks my grandmother & the old lady next door had.   

It's all about effort and intent.  I set up some raised flower beds and planted some gourds a few years ago.  Around Thanksgiving took several coffee cup sized gourds to my Sons Doctors office and gave them to the techs that I have gotten to know over the years.  With a straight face I told the group that they cost at least $20. each in top soil and fertilizer so we should appreciated as good patients!