1066 SEAT, yah it’s wrong but it’s right!

Looked for three years for a  decent seat at junk yards , then finally found one missing one arm rest, then found a mate for it , then had it reupholstered . 

Yes I know it’s supposed to be black on the brackets and black on the back but don’t tell the correct police . 

E66643F6-618B-48B6-8550-CD8B2705DF87.thumb.jpeg.547c4dc0902a2a4957cd5bc9f3111c57.jpeg149425D1-68FA-4328-9A75-5F990CE294B5.thumb.jpeg.5c2126da5865d9dff5ff5db83dcfddf3.jpeg

• Like 15
18 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Looked for three years for a  decent seat at junk yards , then finally found one missing one arm rest, then found a mate for it , then had it reupholstered . 

Yes I know it’s supposed to be black on the brackets and black on the back but don’t tell the correct police . 

E66643F6-618B-48B6-8550-CD8B2705DF87.thumb.jpeg.547c4dc0902a2a4957cd5bc9f3111c57.jpeg149425D1-68FA-4328-9A75-5F990CE294B5.thumb.jpeg.5c2126da5865d9dff5ff5db83dcfddf3.jpeg

Looks good to me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd sit on it.

• Haha 1

If it’s your machine and your sitter that you have to please then it’s correct 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Looks great

• Thanks 1

so them are the original arm rests? I recently took a 3 piece seat to a shop , wanted the red fabric back said he could do it 150 dollars, have not gone to pick up yet, for the inside of 1066 cab.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, pt756 said:

so them are the original arm rests? I recently took a 3 piece seat to a shop , wanted the red fabric back said he could do it 150 dollars, have not gone to pick up yet, for the inside of 1066 cab.

Yes , one was in real nice shape with just a small hole in the front, the other was worn on the bottom .  My upholstery shop made a slip cover for them .  It’s not perfect but it was all they could do .  If someone ever comes up with something better I’m a player . 

Took me a long time to find the first one and then along came another a week later. I love junk yards so I’m always looking . 

Usable ones  are far and few between these days . 

The seat I found was white so I just bought the top .  My bottom cushion is from my local IH dealer and I had the wrap around back rest in it . 

They are built with such thin metal that as soon as you lean back it’s bent. 

They offered to warranty it but the replacement would have been the same so I said forget it . 

4 hours ago, pt756 said:

Let’s see the results if you have time.

if someone finds a shop to do these arm rest properly we could send them a lot of work. 

On 5/14/2020 at 7:15 PM, lorenzo said:

Yes I know it’s supposed to be black on the brackets and black on the back but don’t tell the correct police

No thanks for sharing in case someone likes the idea.  I think the photos members share are very helpful and it’s the way you like it.  I’m trying to get a 1256 close to original but that’s just not going to happen since I purchased a 66 series weight bracket today after seeing another RPF post of a 1256 with 66 L weights.  Keep the pictures coming 👍

• Thanks 1