Wife was in the store today and sent me this. We have a couple freezers full so I'll admit I never buy any. But can someone explain to me how this isnt price gouging? Who's getting rich here? 

IMG_7904.jpg

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Wife was in the store today and sent me this. We have a couple freezers full so I'll admit I never buy any. But can someone explain to me how this isnt price gouging? Who's getting rich here? 

IMG_7904.jpg

thats ridiculous 

• Like 1

It's  over  $5.00 for 70% lean hamburger the discount grocery store. At the same store no roll strip steak is $4.50??? Thx-Ace

Ps both prices are in large packages.

• Like 1

That is what happens when there is a monopoly. There are only 3 big players , that i know of, in the packing business. Same way with gas prices around here the ' good ole boys club ' gets together and fixes them where they want. Gasoline in northern missouri was 1.05 last week, they must get cheaper trucking .

• Like 1

Gouging for sure.  Someone is trying to or is making a fortune.  

Just checked yesterday here, $7.50 . The mom and pop restaurants are screwed when they do finally get to open, with the unemployment leaving people short of spending money they sure aren't going out to eat with meat at these prices and probably won't buy it at the grocery store either which lowers demand and further depresses prices on the producers end.

That’s a bit high, but Safeway has been over $4.50 a pound for a long time here, unless you catch a sale.  Costco is $3.99 but for ~12% fat.  

Brother in law says pepperoni for pizza place is crazy to find. Local bar restaraunt was talking 9 dollars lb for hamburger he bought bunch of round steak ground it up for 4.50

same here cheap and if anything in store ....NO ONE wants it.

certainly the BTO gets it all $$ and plays games with supply.....cant be out on sales and dont need any on buys

glad ours went march 5 ,but buyer is having trouble moving  ALL he has ready

saw this today at the trader joes while standing in line waiting for my turn, about 20 people in line ahead of me took about 10 mins of standing in line to enter 

1769311477_meatprices.thumb.jpg.21ea21ec677a0ae4779e141fbc151f67.jpg