I am going to pick up a 1975 International 1066 tomorrow with a tandem axle (with duels) goose neck trailer, and want to make sure it will fit because I did a dumb-dumb and did not measure it. It looks like it is set out a little farther than stock but am not sure. Does anyone know what the width of these tractors are? from stock to max width? Picture is of the tractor I am picking up. Thank you. 

Snapchat-922696853 (1).jpg

I’m of no actual use, but I’d say that one is 8” wider than how mine are set, and they fit on standard trailers with 4-6” per side to spare, so, my half assed logic says it’s gonna be on the edge, but it’ll fit. 

Nice tractor. Weights. Tires. 

Would think your goose neck trailer should be at least 96" deck if not 102" Not sure of tractor width to answer your question.  My 1066 with extended axels with hubs 6-8" from ends fits on my 96" deck

Slick

Definitely looks wide, but I am pretty sure it would still have enough tire on my 102 that it would stay put.

from Tractor Data site

Weight (operating): 12,148 lbs [5510 kg] (gear)
  12,320 lbs [5588 kg] (hydro)
  13,345 lbs [6053 kg] (duals)
Weight (ballasted): 15,260 lbs [6921 kg]
Wheelbase: 105 inches [266 cm]
Length: 165 inches [419 cm]
Width: 98 inches [248 cm]
Height (exhaust): 11 inches [27 cm]
Clearance (drawbar): 16 inches [40 cm]
Rear axle: Bar: 3.25 inch diameter [82 mm]

Basic math says if it's set up for 36" rows, it will be 72" to centerline of tires.  40" rows will be 80".

Sure looks like it has the 100 inch axles and the tire look very close to flush with end of axle from here.  It is not the 118 inch axle. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Connor Brown said:

I am going to pick up a 1975 International 1066 tomorrow with a tandem axle (with duels) goose neck trailer, and want to make sure it will fit because I did a dumb-dumb and did not measure it. It looks like it is set out a little farther than stock but am not sure. Does anyone know what the width of these tractors are? from stock to max width? Picture is of the tractor I am picking up. Thank you. 

Why don't you call the seller and ask them to measure it, then go measure your trailer and see if it will fit?

Or...... go measure another tractor around your place, look at the picture and figure out if the two are similar width, and adjust your guess based on tire setting....  

Connor

Welcome to the forum,  there is a wealth of information on this forum.

13 hours ago, pete23 said:

Sure looks like it has the 100 inch axles and the tire look very close to flush with end of axle from here.  It is not the 118 inch axle. 

I'm with Pete,  just judging from that front axle spacing and it looks like the rear wheels are set at.

GT&T

• Like 1

looks like its set for 38 in rows or to plow which would be how The Lady is and I haul her on my goose which is 102" wide.. the tire hang off the side about an inch on each side which leaves plenty of tire on the deck for safety

35 minutes ago, cougar766 said:

looks like its set for 38 in rows or to plow

Be pretty tough to plow with a semi mounted plow with them set that wide.......  land hitch maybe. 

1 minute ago, J-Mech said:

Be pretty tough to plow with a semi mounted plow with them set that wide.......  land hitch maybe. 

if you had ever looked at the setup manuels you might change your mind.. back in the day when we planted on 38" rows and mold boarded everything that how we rolled.

I forget the actual measurements that the tires were to be set at and I am not sure where my manuels are as I haven't needed them in 30 years. LOL

Just now, cougar766 said:

if you had ever looked at the setup manuels you might change your mind.. back in the day when we planted on 38" rows and mold boarded everything that how we rolled.

I forget the actual measurements that the tires were to be set at and I am not sure where my manuels are as I haven't needed them in 30 years. LOL

I doubt I would.  I don't think our semi mounted have enough adjustment to get to a 38" row width for a dead furrow that far out.  Only ever plowed with tractors set on 30" rows. Before 30" rows we moved the tires in. 

18 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

I doubt I would.  I don't think our semi mounted have enough adjustment to get to a 38" row width for a dead furrow that far out.  Only ever plowed with tractors set on 30" rows. Before 30" rows we moved the tires in. 

Nope. not at all.  We used to plow with the 806 and 1066, 5-16 plow, wheels set to 36-38" .   The 3pt cross bar on the 510 plow was set only a little off center.  It was when I went to 30" row spacing on the tractor that I had a terrible time getting the plow readjusted to plow all 5 bottoms right....in fact I slid the 3pt crossbar all the way over as far as it would go and still only had the front bottom taking 2/3 of what it should.  IMO 30" row tires isn't fun plowing, tractor tips to much running in the furrow.   

23 minutes ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

Nope. not at all.  We used to plow with the 806 and 1066, 5-16 plow, wheels set to 36-38" .   The 3pt cross bar on the 510 plow was set only a little off center.  It was when I went to 30" row spacing on the tractor that I had a terrible time getting the plow readjusted to plow all 5 bottoms right....in fact I slid the 3pt crossbar all the way over as far as it would go and still only had the front bottom taking 2/3 of what it should.  IMO 30" row tires isn't fun plowing, tractor tips to much running in the furrow.   

We never had any issues.  It does tip a lot on 30" though. 

Edit: I'm not arguing with you guys.  The plows we have might go out to 38" wheel spacing.  They've been set on 30's as far back as I can remember.  I do remember grandad still planting 36" rows, but we made the switch to 30"s in the early 80's... nearly 40 stinking years ago.  All I know is I've plowed a lot of acres with tractors and plows set on 30 and had no issue.  My point was they don't have to be set out that wide just to plow.  

I plowed thousands of acres when I was kid.710 4/16s never ever worried,thought about or was even in the realm of any conversation about row width.The plow was set to the tractor & tractor to plow.Our main concern or should I say my dad's was the plow should pull straight,full front furrow,tractor ride straight in the furrow and level depth from front to back.Plowing was done on flat,sidehills,rolling hills,following curving woods ,hedgerows.What would row width matter ? I am not being sarcastic but never heard of that concern.We plowed for corn,drilled soybeans,wheat,barley oats,hay ect. The thing I took pride in and my dad liked to see is when you couldn't tell when one round started and other ended.

The row width matters simply because the tire runs in the furrow, and you have to adjust the plow so the 1st share runs at the correct distance from the furrow.  A tractor with 30" tire spacing, and one with 40" tire spacing, the C/L of the tractor is going to be 10" further away from the furrow for 40" spacing.  So if you hooked the same plow up its going to be very different measurement from the 1st share to the furrow.   The plows i'm familiar with all let you slide the 3pt hitch connection sideways to set that distance.

You hook a plow set to run behind 30" tire spacing to a tractor with 40" spacing, that first share is going to be 26" or so into the uncut soil.   Vice versa, and the first share is riding out in the furrow cutting a 6" strip (which is what we had).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

The row width matters simply because the tire runs in the furrow, and you have to adjust the plow so the 1st share runs at the correct distance from the furrow.  A tractor with 30" tire spacing, and one with 40" tire spacing, the C/L of the tractor is going to be 10" further away from the furrow for 40" spacing.  So if you hooked the same plow up its going to be very different measurement from the 1st share to the furrow.   The plows i'm familiar with all let you slide the 3pt hitch connection sideways to set that distance.

You hook a plow set to run behind 30" tire spacing to a tractor with 40" spacing, that first share is going to be 26" or so into the uncut soil.   Vice versa, and the first share is riding out in the furrow cutting a 6" strip (which is what we had).

So what your saying these tractors that you have set for 30,36,40 or whatever the reason you set them for that is to work the corn or beans after it comes up.Like to cultivate ,spray etc.So we had 36 inch rows then but really that was immaterial because we did not cultivate or spray after corn was up.So you are saying you didn't set the tractor to plow with but rather used the cultivation setting and had to work around that.We would move both,the wheel would be moved into to plow and plow out to the wheel so to speak.Made it more even dad figured.

Almost all semi mounted plows the wheel setting was 28 to 30 inches from center of tractor to inner side wall of tire unless my memory has gone really bad. 

I don’t plow. My father always has.... I seem to disk....and pick the rock.  We went from 6-16’s to 5-18’s recently and our 40 year old book doesn’t allow for 18’s.  I moved the beam on the plows over 4”, as I didn’t want to move the tire....(we don’t plow much) and it plows perfect, but it isn’t right.  Assuming it was all set correct for 6-16s,,.....what way do I need to  move that  tire?  Yep. I really don’t know. 

Oops. Didn’t mean to hijack the thread. Tractor home yet?

47 minutes ago, pete23 said:

Almost all semi mounted plows the wheel setting was 28 to 30 inches from center of tractor to inner side wall of tire unless my memory has gone really bad. 

That's what I was thinking also.

14 hours ago, pete23 said:

That’s what the book says for my 145 rollover plow. 

13 hours ago, J-Mech said:

That's what I was thinking also.

Apparently not. A tractor set on 60” centers won’t be 30” from the inside of the tire to the center of the tractor. With an 18.4, a tractor set for 36” rows will run about perfect down the furrow, maybe even a touch narrow. 

Looking at the pic that tractor is going to measure 102-104” at its widest point.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billonthefarm said:

Looking at the pic that tractor is going to measure 102-104” at its widest point.  

Yep, I agree. If the tire is not sticking past the axle it is 100 inches, if it is then a bit more like bill says.