What did you do today ?

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

Whew! condolences on your aunt.

thanks she went fast - with the lord now so thankful she knew him

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, oldtanker said:

Plowed the rest of the garden today. Plus the printer finished this up 

box.jpg.4d9d75de6d1b653053f152e12fa2e45e.jpg

Hold 100 rounds of 308. I can make it taller to hold 30.06 or 270.

Rick

well thats pretty dang cool rick, i been needing to figure out how the heck one of them crazy things work and make stuff but i have so many other things that catch my attention i keep forgetting about it - so whats it take to get started in that stuff ? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

well thats pretty dang cool rick, i been needing to figure out how the heck one of them crazy things work and make stuff but i have so many other things that catch my attention i keep forgetting about it - so whats it take to get started in that stuff ? 

3D printer and a slicing program. You can get a decent printer for under 300 and some of the good slicing programs are free downloads.

Watch a couple of you tube vids on setup, experiment a little and go for it!

THen most of the stuff I've printed have been free downloads from either Yeggie or Thingsverse.

Rick

• Like 1

This is what I worked at today, spread the manure pile from last year on to the garden

IMG_0512.JPG

• Like 3

IMG_0514.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oldtanker said:

3D printer and a slicing program. You can get a decent printer for under 300 and some of the good slicing programs are free downloads.

Watch a couple of you tube vids on setup, experiment a little and go for it!

THen most of the stuff I've printed have been free downloads from either Yeggie or Thingsverse.

Rick

what does it use for ink? supplies? u load it with plastic cartridges or some kind of liquid? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

what does it use for ink? supplies? u load it with plastic cartridges or some kind of liquid? 

It uses filament (click here) and just feeds off the spool. Can make 2.8 of those boxes from i spool. So the cost of a box is about 8.50. Seeing as the last Plano boxes I bought were about 8 bucks for 50 rounds I don't think that's too bad.

Rick

• Like 1

7 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

looks like im behind a few days 

hmmm...........worked day job with mask most days - mowed grass, piled brush, too wet to garden yet, planted some alfalfa, did some planning with the nrcs guy, aunt died, working on getting a rock for her to core and put her urn in at my aunt/uncles place, youngest daughter got drivers license, bought krause disc, fixed dads mower, fixed daughters mower, surprise visited mom for mothers day, had 5th anniversary with my 2nd wife on thurs, got up and ran drove to perkins and got her favorite peanut butr silk pie this morning, its her bday today, having kids over this evening for dessert, picked up yard, unloaded more brush from trailer, cleaned up in shop a bit, weed eat entire place so waiting for kids to come in a while and have bday party 8 -)

Condolences.

Rick 

I did some of the last cuts on front hubs for the 5088 puller project.  Then I did some medical work.

IMG_2331[1].PNG

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

I did some of the last cuts on front hubs for the 5088 puller project.  Then I did some medical work.

IMG_2331[1].PNG

That red stuff doesn’t make good cutting fluid. Hopefully it didn’t take much sewing...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

IMG_2331[1].PNG

Bet that hurt! Be careful!

Rick

Paper towel and some electrical tape and you are good to go🤕😁

• Like 1

Been busy around here last couple weeks. Planting done. Plumber came around finally and replaced a leaky hydrant plus added another cliser to the house for watering flowers and new trees. Waiting on parts for a pickup, 4 wheeler, chasing after a buddies car today. Blew the radiaitor next town over. 1486 has a bad oil leak but would like to finish spraying before i bring it home to work on. Recieved our order of flowers to add this year. Eyeing up the next landscaping project that i will start this year🙄20200512_120917.thumb.jpg.8297a2916453f01bb3330c7457d628c2.jpg

20200502_120755.jpg

20200502_180139.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, new guy said:

I thought if I wore tighter gloves the blood would stop, not so much.  My lady suggested a tourniquet on my neck.  

• Haha 2

Just now, gonzo 1066 said:

I thought if I wore tighter gloves the blood would stop, not so much.  My lady suggested a tourniquet on my neck.  

I guess the tourniquet would stop the bleeding eventually but the long term effects aren't as rosy...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, new guy said:

Cauterize it with the rosebud and move on!

• Like 2

Did some mowing on Saturday, stopped to take this nice pic. 
A4D66D7D-535C-4A2E-9A9D-F1AD3BBFDD1E.thumb.jpeg.5cccd74ea3f0b489e9b06377dafd44e8.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm late to this topic but I'll  thrown in for today. Started the day by welding extra cross members in a customers trailer. He has been breaking boards between the factory ones. The trailer also had some holes to patch and cracks to weld. Some spots were pretty rotten. Finished it shortly after lunch. Made a service call for a leak on a Case IH swather cutterbar. Stopped by the dealer to order parts for that. Then on to another place to install a new alternator and battery in a little Case IH 395. Came home fixed a minor issue on the wifes truck, did chores, and played with my daughter. Waiting on supper now. I had intentions of going down to the neighbors and getting my disc mower out of the shed to look it over but it's not all that pleasant outside.

20200518_112448.thumb.jpg.b36ab6af1de960f906ad77fa09abd3d4.jpg

20200518_112456.thumb.jpg.6b6562188fd64bcb16df91fdaa91a6fd.jpg

20200518_112504.thumb.jpg.fb8485f1e9a277833d0e51387420b489.jpg

Took the turbo off of my 1086.  Will get the new one on this week since I can't get in the field.

20200519_162408.jpg

Spent the morning waiting on the wife to get herself motivated. Then planted peas, beans and corn in the garden and started a food plot for the wild critters. Again peas, corn and beans, little sugar beets too. I'll finish that plot tomorrow.

Rick

On 5/17/2020 at 7:48 AM, gonzo 1066 said:

They sure can be helpful that way can't they, same piece of cloth mine is from.