Sign in to follow this  
Kevingweq

What did you do today ?

Got up early and let mother fix me breakfast since she had a day off 😀

Spent my daily hour on the phone with the BIA trying to get paid for a fire we fought on the Rosebud a month ago. Finally got ahold of a nice lady in Virginia that said she was the head of ASAP. We walked through the screens to draw down funds an she promised money would be in account by tomorrow. YAAAA!!!

Run the tiller across the garden one more time so mom could plant today

Went fencing till five

IMG_20200513_124526640_HDR.thumb.jpg.ad290d9386a7c16da831de121c32621b.jpg

IMG_20200513_124518899_HDR.thumb.jpg.cfcb6e1dcf6e181825b01ee3e3088690.jpg

Found this neat old steel wheel that washed out by a water gap

IMG_20200513_115157529.thumb.jpg.651a26f7f33a89cc9ed766ceeb28a6d4.jpg

Got in the truck and went after a load of fuel which I am unloading now.

Plans for the future:

Have a beer and get a good night's sleep 😴

Watching some bad lightning to the North, hope it stays in SD and doesn't start a fire that we get paged to. That would really screw up my future plans😂🤣

• Like 3

Still processing next winters firewood. Tilled up a couple of rows to plant spuds, peas, carrots, & lettuce, beets. Moving plants out & in the greenhouse to get them hardened off, might be planting some of them out this week end. Hope we don't have any frost then.

wood processing 012.JPG

• Like 3

Finalized three employee apprasials, phone calls and emails concerning plans for how to reopen park areas closed due to Covid, staff/safety meeting dealing with vehicle inspection to stop spread of Spotted Lantern Fly and then watched a video for active shooter training, troubleshooting issues in sewage ejector pump station, trying to determine location of sewage main and trying to get better truck set up to blow out clog, updated data base on status on facilities. Put in extra time in office, so I don't have to work today!  Once home, set up raised beds for the salad garden on the porch and wandered around the yard looking at projects. Had a nice phone conversation with one of my daughters. Thought a lot about my Dad, it would have been his 88th birthday.

Took today off to have a four day weekend, have quite a list of projects for the next few days, will report in later on my progress!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CC_Ranger said:

Thought a lot about my Dad, it would have been his 88th birthday.

Would of been my Dad's 91st this June 12th , George "Jolly" Wheeler passed in 2004 ,  Almost everyday I have something I need to ask him and get his take on it

then I remember hes gone for now , 

He is gonna get an earful when i catch up with him

1577159101_Zeroracecar46andtrunk001(2)(720x1024).thumb.jpg.04bd40ae598f4b795a0fff855ad7f914.jpg

• Like 6

21 hours ago, bkorth said:

Finished planting beans yesterday and today I froze my butt off cleaning up the planter, just don't make no sense, 50 degrees today and south wind at 25mph.

When i was a Junior in High School planting milo on the 20th of May we put the IH Windbreaker back on the 560 as dad had lots of milo that needed planted and it was sure miserable. Hardest part was running the rope markers with the windbreaker back on the 560. 

Well I didn't get anything really done yesterday. Cept some 3D print projects. All that I have to do is get it started and watch.....then to along with 3D stuff I also reloaded 308, 150 grains for the AR10 and I sharpened a few knives, kitchen type.

Rick

• Like 1

Yesterday I pulled my neighbor out. It was sweet pulling a 290 magnum with the ol 4366. Then went to fayetteville to look at the Reeves inline wrapper. The engine would not start to demonstrate it... they are getting the engine worked out and I plan to buy it mostly with stimulus money.

TToday I prepend the 4366 for squeezing levees in the rain tomorrow? It's getting late and I can plant rice when it's wet so I'm about to get after it. I'm so far behind because of the weather...

Thx-Ace

tmp_8815-Photo0472-748703155.jpg

tmp_8815-Photo04612068881342.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 8:28 PM, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Seeded 40 acres of cereals for silage.

Took all morning to load up the seed and get everything to the field, finally started seeding  at 1 o’clock and was finished by 9 o’clock with only a couple of interruptions (phone calls)

moved  the seed trailer to the next field for tomorrow. 

I was hoping to seed 70 acres today (big dreamer!). 
here’s what I was driving today, 3688 with a 5300 - 21 run Seed drill with a packer behind

D5235CA2-E90E-4F8D-9AD8-D27E5525F73D.jpeg

4AC62DE9-8182-42BB-B37E-5245D54E0882.jpeg

3D2AF631-65BF-4EFF-BD2A-3517E84FF7AB.jpeg

NICE !

Tony

• Thanks 1

What did I do today ? 
tuesday. Surgery replaced heart pace maker a generator , they call it , I call it battery. Lol , Wednesday wiped out , Thursday not bad , today Friday trying to get Motor running but it’s lethargic 

guess a good way to SIP . I was use to working in shop all day and chase parts during SIP . 
now it’s real,  Doc says no lifting Of any kind for ten days .

sure glad I got baler engine painted nite before going in 

Tony 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

What did I do today ? 
tuesday. Surgery replaced heart pace maker a generator , they call it , I call it battery. Lol , Wednesday wiped out , Thursday not bad , today Friday trying to get Motor running but it’s lethargic 

guess a good way to SIP . I was use to working in shop all day and chase parts during SIP . 

Tony 

Take good care of yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I squeezed some levees today. It wasn't really wet enough but I  did it anyway. Thx-Ace

SSorry the pics sideways.

tmp_4707-Photo0474-955677339.jpg

On 5/13/2020 at 8:51 PM, Dasnake said:

Well let’s see, I did my thrice daily sojourn to this forum, walked the dog three times, bought new 8 ply 5.30x12 tires for the snowbear, got a plan in my mind for tomorrow, dats about dat, typical auld guy day, oh and threw some more wax on the hog.

At least your priorities are right!

• Like 1

Watching the little man again today but we went after a storage box I picked up in an online auction.  Got it for 12% of new price. Not sure what I’m going to put in it yet but a buddy is pressing for ice and cold drinks. I’m mostly in agreement that we should do that. Once the wife got home from her last day of school for the year (closing down grades and classroom) we made a run to a Menards about 45 min away. I didn’t want to go but needed some supplies for an upcoming roofing project.

A Nail gun and case of roofing nails later.....

Dear Bostich,

You’re welcome.  I just kept you in business for another day. 
Thanks, Me

0F39D4A0-4E0C-42FC-A085-EB55029C4C22.jpeg

• Like 3

Started out Wednesday under the planter tractor with a CNH mechanic tracking down a hydraulic leak.  He got me fixed up and I started planting in earnest at 1pm.  When I quit for the day I had planted 280 acres of corn.  The picture shows the time as I drove out of the field and headed for home.  Long afternoon!

AD2D4DD0-05E5-431E-871A-90C6FADC35E7.jpeg

• Like 4

Finished planting Thursday mid afternoon. Nothing is getting cleaned up and put away yet because nothing is up. We're finally getting some heat now so time will tell.

• Like 3

Yesterday I was "Rolling, Rolling, Rolling", I will be for a few more days. Rain has shut us down several times. 

IMG_20200515_183243.jpg

IMG_20200515_183447.jpg

• Like 1

Got in from work about 4:30AMish. Woke up 9:30. Did some internet research on new disc mowers. TSC for a couple bales of 9000 sisal twine(beat them up on one that was opened ,half price). Local butcher shop for bacon,sausage,burgers and local dairy milk. Watched / helped son knock out the tedder/rake( I did the five bar rolabar already). Made homemade pizza for supper. Then pretty much died.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

What did I do today ? 

Tony 

You gotta keep up the regular “maintenance” If you want to keep the machine running for years to come!  👍🏻

I was doing more seeding until this happened!

A744C6B1-BD32-4B64-9C2C-ABE8C8384B30.thumb.jpeg.24e3c2548b429e80583193281380a3df.jpeg 
then I went for lunch and had a nap 😴 
it’s funny how you feel sleepy after it starts to rain… That and too many long days!🤔

• Like 2

Mounted a set of tires for one of my Orange projects. Then went fishing with a friend of mine, pretty good day!

fullsizeoutput_e9.jpeg

• Like 2

One thing I did yesterday was plant my two bell pepper plants and four tomato plants. The boxes you see to the right is where I have potatoes planted. 
9D5F4F56-32A5-4A89-A8C7-4BA9E3086ADB.thumb.jpeg.fa58d20670ab36a3e0422dfd89537e11.jpeg

• Like 1

Last coat of polyurethane on the 6-speed special bed floor. Helped a friend of mine that doesn't know which end of the hammer to use change oil in his mower, tiller and generator.

• Like 1

looks like im behind a few days 

hmmm...........worked day job with mask most days - mowed grass, piled brush, too wet to garden yet, planted some alfalfa, did some planning with the nrcs guy, aunt died, working on getting a rock for her to core and put her urn in at my aunt/uncles place, youngest daughter got drivers license, bought krause disc, fixed dads mower, fixed daughters mower, surprise visited mom for mothers day, had 5th anniversary with my 2nd wife on thurs, got up and ran drove to perkins and got her favorite peanut butr silk pie this morning, its her bday today, having kids over this evening for dessert, picked up yard, unloaded more brush from trailer, cleaned up in shop a bit, weed eat entire place so waiting for kids to come in a while and have bday party 8 -)

• Like 2

Plowed the rest of the garden today. Plus the printer finished this up 

box.jpg.4d9d75de6d1b653053f152e12fa2e45e.jpg

Hold 100 rounds of 308. I can make it taller to hold 30.06 or 270.

Rick

• Like 4

Whew! condolences on your aunt.

Sprayed some weeds

ECA1F157-2EBD-43B5-9876-287FC750F669.jpeg

A72E9CA8-1D9A-497F-A5A3-9A9079CF486D.jpeg

• Like 3