TD 15 Starter Removal

Any tricks to getting the starter out of a late 70s TD 15?  It looks like they put the starter in the middle of the shop floor and built a dozer around it!  I can only see one bolt

on top, and found one on the outside behind the solenoid, but it doesn't look like there is any way to get a tool on it.

I changed one on my TD-15C with the 466 engine. It was years ago sitting outside  in Minnesota winter cold and snow. I think it had three bolts. As usual two fairly easy and one a SOB, long extension.

DWF

First time I did my 20......well yes on 3 bolts, usually not the cleanest place on the machine plus out in the field so no washer, actually wasn't that bad just took the right combination of extensions and swivel, the hard part was figuring out the bolts take a 12pt socket and getting it back in with room for only one arm and keeping the gasket intact.  

You  don't have to take the belly pan off on a 15C. Fuel filters are in the way, but that's easy. Make sure batteries are disconnected. I can see a loader's arms in the way though.

DWF