I think the basic engines are the same but front end cover will be different and the cylinder head may also not work as on 20 and 21 combines the radiator was over the flywheel not in front of engine.

Pity,

Are the engines from a 21 or a 20 combine?  I thought that the 21 was only made in small numbers for European markets with a 5 or 7 foot platform compared with the 8 or 10 foot platforms for the 20 combine.  The 20 was later replaced by the 22. The 20 and 21 engines were made by Fuller and Johnson for IHC and after they went bankrupt in late 1931 or early 1932 I believe that IHC asked Waukesha to take over the production.  The Waukesha engines for the early F-12 tractors and the Fuller and Johnson engines for the IHC 20 combine share many castings with the same parts numbers. 

I thought the combines were 21's they had at least a 10 ft header maybe longer maybe they were 20's I can't remember I live in the Texas Panhandle and most of these combines had a long header.

On 5/13/2020 at 8:20 AM, texasred said:

Thanks I have 2 of these engines sounds like they are junk.

No older Waukesha engine is junk. You might not be able to make it fit in an F-12, but those motors were used in a lot of other tractors and equipment. Parts are getting impossible to find. If they are XA, XAK, or FC model engines, then they may be used as donors for parts. Please don't scrap them.

• Like 1