Looking for a water pump source for a 282

The water pump is growly on the 706 and since I have it all tore apart, now is the time to replace it.  Mother Fiat wants $218.92 for a reman water pump, which seems outrageous.  So I cruised the net looking for aftermarket and found pumps from $80 ebay specials to $180 aftermarket supplier.  I'm sure at this point they are all made in china anyway, including CNH, so it's a matter of supporting small business.  As of late, I have had bad luck with CNH having some over priced foreign parts.  If I am going to buy foreign stuff there are a lot of other aftermarket people who charge way less and I can support a local business too.    Is there someone who has has a good source for good quality water pumps?  This spends a lot of time in the hay field during the summer, so the higher quality the better; anyone I should stay away from?

I have a rebuilt pump on my shelf from Hy-Capacity.  I would be interested in selling.  It's been there for a couple years.  call me 507-four three eight-8172  charlie

• Thanks 1

I get my old tractor reman parts from Abilene machine 

I just picked one up on ebay for $73 with shipping and tax its coming out of Illinois.  Like already mentioned I think there all coming from the same supplier.

35 minutes ago, 460 said:

I just picked one up on ebay for $73 with shipping and tax its coming out of Illinois.  Like already mentioned I think there all coming from the same supplier.

Why tax ? aren't you ag exempt ? I've never paid tax on anything from ebay yet 

8 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

Why tax ? aren't you ag exempt ? I've never paid tax on anything from ebay yet 

No I hobby farm not worth the hassle.  So yes I pay the tax.

19 minutes ago, 460 said:

No I hobby farm not worth the hassle.  So yes I pay the tax.

A lot of parts on Ebay are still sales tax free unless you live in the same state your buying it in  I buy many parts tractors, trucks, motorcycle , lawn mower, never even seen tax mentioned when i pay

3 hours ago, ksfarmdude said:

A lot of parts on Ebay are still sales tax free unless you live in the same state your buying it in  I buy many parts tractors, trucks, motorcycle , lawn mower, never even seen tax mentioned when i pay

It must be a state thing as it has been happening for a couple of years now.  Ebay, Amazon, even Rockauto now!

Scott

I just put a new bearing unit in mine last year.

Got it from messicks.

Seems like it less than $25

• Thanks 1