Fellow Pennsylvanians. Is our Governor completely nuts?

exSW

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, exSW said:

Civilian Corona Corps? Are you frickin' kidding me! 

that is week/s old news at least in several states

strait passed "papieren bitte"  to ccp model of live and snitch or else 

Komrad Wolf also took the gloves off today against those of us in RED counties whose county leadership declared that they will move to YELLOW status whether Harrisburg agrees or not.  Komrad Wolf has declared the leadership in these counties to be "cowards" among other inflamitory language.  Based on today's statement, I am sure that the State Police, Labor & Industry inspectors, and Dept. of Ag inspectors will be asked to strap on their jackboots and start cracking down on "violations".

"Safety" is the new tyranny. 

The GREEN phase will only be found in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood of Make-Believe.

The dumbest part is shutting things down does not equal social distancing. County next to us has had four cases for over a month now so that means those people have already recovered but they are still mentioned on each day in the count . 

Good news is that you can't get it at Wally world or the beer distributor, only at a small business

I wish he was kidding.  I dont get it.   We dont need more programs relying on printed money or those who do pay taxes.  We have had counties shut down with less then 10 cases.  This is not sustainable.  Im in Berks cpunty and not terribly far from Lebanon and Schukill counties.  We are a hot bed due to the city of Reading and those who communite towards Philly.  Not that I am advocating a free for all but people need to work and provide for themselves.  The stay at home was extended to June 6th or something for us.  

As i said about the California thing, i gotta believe contact tracing is way past helpful at this point.should have been done right away if at all. Horse is out of the barn now.

52 minutes ago, bitty said:

The dumbest part is shutting things down does not equal social distancing. County next to us has had four cases for over a month now so that means those people have already recovered but they are still mentioned on each day in the count . 

Good news is that you can't get it at Wally world or the beer distributor, only at a small business

I agree 100%.  Home Depot Lowes and Walmart can sell all the plants and nursery stock that they want but the guy that owns a garden center or greenhouses etc is non essential and cant sell retail.  I know some are doing it anyway.  For many it is do or die.  The traditional Easter flowers and Panies went to waste at many growers and retail centers.

On the case count thing they should be reporting active cases and not just total cases.

43 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

"...the guy that owns a garden center or greenhouses etc is non essential and cant sell retail.  I know some are doing it anyway.  For many it is do or die.  The traditional Easter flowers and Panies went to waste at many growers and retail centers."

A good friend of mine had his exemption pulled on Thursday evening at 9:30 pm...in the heat of the spring season, right before Mother's Day weekend.  Fortunately, they learned that they actually fall under an ag classsification due to the size of their greenhouses. 

This garbage is getting out of control.  I think that Komrad Wolf will learn that he dumped gas on smoldering coals.

My dad as a young man was in the CCC. (Civilian Conservation Corp) in the mid to late '30's

Jobs were hard to find so the gov hired out of work people to do erosion control/dirt work in the hilly farm farm fields of eastern Nebraska. 

He wasn't proud that he had to take this "handout", but it brought sorely needed income to his family and those terraces are still there today. 

We are definitely in a different world today. 

3 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

My dad as a young man was in the CCC. (Civilian Conservation Corp) in the mid to late '30's

That job was not a hand-out.  Your Dad worked for that wage.  While it can be debated whether a Keynesian program like the original CCC is effective in the long term, I will not disparage those who did the work.  You can see CCC projects many places today...a testimony to the good design and craftsmanship.

How does one announce a plan and yet provide virtually no details other than "we are going to train  people to test"? Just a vague reference to the CCC as mentioned above . Roughly how many jobs is this plan going to create? Are we looking to create thousands or will 127 be enough. How much will this cost? I'm sure it will be just like opening the State Parks.

2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

As i said about the California thing, i gotta believe contact tracing is way past helpful at this point.should have been done right away if at all. Horse is out of the barn now.

You got that right!!

6 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

I wish he was kidding.  I dont get it.   We dont need more programs relying on printed money or those who do pay taxes.  We have had counties shut down with less then 10 cases.  This is not sustainable.  Im in Berks cpunty and not terribly far from Lebanon and Schukill counties.  We are a hot bed due to the city of Reading and those who communite towards Philly.  Not that I am advocating a free for all but people need to work and provide for themselves.  The stay at home was extended to June 6th or something for us.  

What part of Berks County are you in? I'm on the mountain near the junction of Berks, Lebanon, and Lancaster, just outside of Wernersville.

I started tracking new case each day, a much more accurate way to see what is going on. Berks County is still having around +\- 100 cases a day. All the counties in SE PA are still seeing high numbers of new cases each day.

I don't know why we can't to to the yellow phase to allow more businesses to open, they have people waiting in line to get into some of the open stores now. Many people are out and about doing their life sustaining essential business.

The governor does not give you a straight answer, when asked why he chose June 4th to extend the stay at home order, his answer was, because some people told us that date, no science, no reason, just because.

Tom, don't even get me started on the opening of the state parks, try to make sense of that plan!

Here in pricksterland we're supposed to open on May 31, but no one's counting on it.  We have to jump through five flaming hoops to qualify for our relief.

I talk to a lot of people, and I can say that here the natives are getting restless.

The encouraging part is that more and more people are finally starting to see through the bullshirt.

36 minutes ago, CC_Ranger said:

What part of Berks County are you in? I'm on the mountain near the junction of Berks, Lebanon, and Lancaster, just outside of Wernersville.

I started tracking new case each day, a much more accurate way to see what is going on. Berks County is still having around +\- 100 cases a day. All the counties in SE PA are still seeing high numbers of new cases each day.

I don't know why we can't to to the yellow phase to allow more businesses to open, they have people waiting in line to get into some of the open stores now. Many people are out and about doing their life sustaining essential business.

The governor does not give you a straight answer, when asked why he chose June 4th to extend the stay at home order, his answer was, because some people told us that date, no science, no reason, just because.

Tom, don't even get me started on the opening of the state parks, try to make sense of that plan!

Bernville right by blue marsh lake and state game lands.

What is with the state park thing?  The lake has been open and the state game lands are open.

21 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

Bernville right by blue marsh lake and state game lands.

I used to hunt my Beagles at Blue Marsh! Great place.

17 minutes ago, acem said:

Where are you going? What are you doing? Let me see your papers comrade.

Here in Arkansas we were never on lock down.

Thx-Ace

This thing's a real eye-opener, that's for sure.

More counties filing lawsuits against gov and health dept.  More da's stating they will not prosecute offenders.  The mutiny is on.

Napolitano stated of fox this morning that these executive orders by governors, are against the constitution and unenforceable.  They might lock you up and close down your business, but they don't have the right to and will lose in a court that follows the constitution.

I got a real problem taking serious advice from that transgender nut job of a health secretary.

In our wonderful state of Michigan ?. Our illustrious Governor circumvented our legislator in extending her Emergency declaration to the 28th without legislator approval. This way she can keep issuing executive orders without any house or Senate oversight. The Emergency declaration was scheduled to end on the 30th of April and after the crap she had pulled they refused to extend it. She then did it anyway. The legislator is suing the Governor over this to get the order recended. But of course the speed the court system moves in normal times, much less now. Who knows how long that'll take.

11 hours ago, CC_Ranger said:

Interesting.  My neighbor used to farm the State Hospital land back in the early- to mid-'80s.  I remember helping to pick rocks in the fields north of 422.  He ran Deere's and would road them from near Ephrata to Wernersville.

Later in life, I learned to love riding Texter Mountain Rd. on my motorcycle from 897 to the hospital grounds...then back again.

Archived