Sign in to follow this  
Whats in the barn ?

Dellinger Farm Equipment Continental Ohio ??

My H was bought brand new from Dellinger Farm Equipment . That use to be the IH dealer in Continental Ohio. Looking for any pictures of dealership or memorabilia catalogs or anything that has there name on it. Or any stories of the place...  Really anything about the dealership....

Marky and Ryan on H.JPG

I think that  Dellinger Farm Equipment was bought by the  Fred Howell Implement Co sometime in the late fifties/early sixties. We bought our 706, 1206, 674 and 1066 from Howell Implement. Before that we used Masterson Implement Co in Defiance, Oh. We bought a 41-H, 46-M, 49 C and a 56-450 from Mastersons. The family still has all of these tractors and all run and still work on the farm. I did a Google search and did not find anything about either Dellinger or Howell Implement.

By the way, great looking H. What year is it? Ours is a 1941.

Good luck in your search.

Tom

I am about 20 minutes from Continental and now homier and sons is the only dealership in that town they do mainly mowers and new holland I do not know if there is any connection with the one you and talking about.

At one time there was an IH dealer, John Deere dealer, A-C dealer and a Massey dealer in Continental, OH. Like most small towns all are gone now except the former A-C dealer, Homier & Sons. The former Massey dealer is now a fertilizer and farm chemical dealer. Still run by the same family. They go by Wollam Ag. I buy some of my fertilizer and chemicals from them. Les Wollam is the owner/manager. I contacted Les about your question and am waiting on a call back. Will let you know if he has any recollection or information about Dellinger Farm Equipment. I suspect that Farmall Fred is correct that Dellinger was purchased by Fred Howell.

Never hard to spot wollam's trucks or equipment in the field.  Good advertising gimmick.  Used to see them all the time when I drove truck through there.

Custom-Application-Equipment__element91.jpeg.d5c575e583d975695e02b55858060198.jpegfarm__element130.jpg.73b34e4879dce773527b282aa8234114.jpg

15892429196221452836025.thumb.jpg.f8c52be00c1fa833cb4ddcaf5752c958.jpgi have this old advertising mirror.  Pic size was wont let me post whole photo.  I know it's not Dellingers, but shows some Continental history. Apparently before Homier's were the AC dealer.

15892430186361752429880.jpg

Nice piece of history. That even predates H&K Chevrolet. At one time It was said that Homiers sold more Gleaner combines than any other dealer in the country.