Is there anywhere that I could download a free parts manual for a 1956 T-9? I found a few places that have them, but you have to pay for them. Or is there an online parts lookup for these old machines? The one on the Case-IH website doesn’t seem to go back this far. Specifically I’m looking for a diagram and part numbers and names for the right rear sprocket assembly. 

My dad has a T-9 dozer that we’re thinking about getting running again. It’s been sitting for about 15 years, it needed the bearing and housing replaced. He took it apart, but at the time couldn’t find the parts. Now we’re trying to get an idea of what parts it needs and how hard to find and expensive they would be to see if this is worth fixing right now. 

Parts for these now are very expensive and more than likely you will only find used stuff from a junkyard! ---trust me on that!

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Redwood said:

Thanks. 

20 hours ago, SONNY said:

Parts for these now are very expensive and more than likely you will only find used stuff from a junkyard! ---trust me on that!

That’s what I was worried about. Is there anywhere that you would recommend I look for parts?

20 hours ago, captain_crunch said:

Wishing I was home I have T-9 and TD-9 parts book but I am not home 

If you get a chance and could get me some information out of it, that would be great. 

5 or 6 years ago I would have sold you all of my TD-9's as one lot!--- all 4 of them!---they all went to chimna melters , didn't bring squat, cause nobody wanted red crawlers. The only one I got left for now is MOOSE ---It's yellow but still IH.  250-c series III  ( big boy!--LOL!!)

Captain Crunch---- who is the pretty lady?????  ---inquiring mind wants to know!! lol!

• Thanks 1
On 5/11/2020 at 10:18 PM, hardtail said:

You could try Carr's in Ontario

On 5/12/2020 at 4:55 PM, captain_crunch said:

General Gear in Idaho really good people there don’t know if Kronig Tractor in Amnity Oregon is still in business but that’s where I would look 

Thanks guys, I’ll check those places out. 

Captain Crunch: Hope everything turns out ok for you. 

19 hours ago, SONNY said:

5 or 6 years ago I would have sold you all of my TD-9's as one lot!--- all 4 of them!---they all went to chimna melters , didn't bring squat, cause nobody wanted red crawlers. The only one I got left for now is MOOSE ---It's yellow but still IH.  250-c series III  ( big boy!--LOL!!)

Captain Crunch---- who is the pretty lady?????  ---inquiring mind wants to know!! lol!

Well, I don’t need 5 of these around, but would have been interested in a few parts. This actually came with a second machine for parts, but my dad had no way to get it here. The PO delivered this one, but wouldn’t deliver the other one since it didn’t run. 

Better keep her around!  --- bet she is fun to be with!