Whats in the barn ?

Exhaust fan filter box pictures HELP ???

I am building a shop and going to put in exhaust fans with shutters in wall and need to find how to make a filter box on the inside for welding fumes and sometimes paint fumes. So they dont go outside of shop and make welding soot and paint particles on side of shop..  Need pictures of what you have made or bought. Looking at furnace filters for it or paint booth filters.... Here is the fan I might be using ...  Thanks               https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200596084_200596084

You'll never filter out everything. Eventually you'll have soot on the outside if building. 

I don't have pics but any heating place should be able to bend up a filter holder, I'd bolt it to wall right over the fan.

Not sure if this what your looking for.  This what I I used in my shop.  Typical furnace filter in front of a cheap fan.  Can see the filter is dirty. 

066C11A5-4DAB-499D-92D5-1806405D10FE.jpeg

DE74248A-653E-4DAF-BE6D-2FA557D381C0.jpeg

0C17400B-2891-4842-8FD9-5C4EEEBB8DEF.jpeg

7F3BCB7D-22F3-4598-BBBF-EDF9501381C0.jpeg

So.......do you take that filter off the corner ”shelf” and hang it over the fan? I think. I’ve been thinking  about this too.  For paint purposes I wanted to ask guys here if it would be better to mount the exhaust fan higher or lower (down draft?)  I have a squirrel cage old furnace style blower now that I essentially set in front of a “doggie door” cut into a door, with a filter over it. But I haven’t tried that setup for paint yet. 

The fan mounted in the wall sucks out welding,  paint fumes.  Behind the furnace filter is fan one would use to move air around a room in the house.  I turn it on when cleaning rust off pieces of metal with the wire wheel on the bench mounted grinder.   Sorry I didn't explain the set up more.  The furnace filter & the cheap room fan has nothing to do with the fan that's mounted in the wall.  The in the wall fan was added to the building after,  was an after thought. 

I  could see the power cord, but couldn't figure it out.  Thanks.  I think these guys are talking building a box out of those filters, and having  it around the exhaust fan. That's what I was thinking anyway 

From what I have discovered that its good to mount exhaust fan about 4 or 5 foot high. That way could suck out exhaust fumes from tractors too. And welding fumes etc....

You might need 2, Higher position works good for welding and exhaust, another guy met years ago painted the odd stuff in his quonset and had a trench with exhaust ducted to a furnace fan just outside the building, the ducts were midway up the trench so he could wash the equipment down and then wet the floor just before he started painting, it wasn't a booth but it was lazy down draft, his results were ok