vtfireman85

Craigslist idiots

4 minutes ago, exSW said:

^^^^^^This^^^^^. Ready to roll says a lot. Last fall my son a complete Deutz/Allis/Fahr tedder rake at an auction. $100.00. Hauled it out of there on the near new $140k tiltbed from his work. Between the two of us we probably have eight-ten hours in getting it shined up,lubed,everything turning correctly and a hundred bucks in parts,grease,penetrating oil and so on. Not to mention the tool pile that got used on it. I asked him last night how he liked his bargain now. I'd say with all the above inputs its about a thousand dollar rake.

Those are the best purchases..............harder to find anymore.  These internet sales have me completely turned off from auctions at the moment, can't wait to get back to the days of its really nice, nobody shows up, live on the ground auctions so you can actually get something bought for a reasonable price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New Englander said:

Guy wanted to buy just one of my Jet Skis. Yeah, right, I'm gonna try to sell one and a double trailer.

Sold the pair for the right price. I spent a good amount of time on them cleaning, polishing, making sure everything worked and the buyer appreciated it.

I like when the seller of something I am looking at points out some minuscule flaw with apologies, makes you feel ok about the purchase if they are that fussy and honest. 

• Like 1

I think the nicest stuff I ever bought was from a guy that was a maintenance/mechanical inspector for  US Air. Everything looked like it had to stay together at 30,000 feet. Other RRers are good too. Work with so much junk at work don't want to deal with it at home.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exSW said:

I think the nicest stuff I ever bought was from a guy that was a maintenance/mechanical inspector for  US Air. Everything looked like it had to stay together at 30,000 feet. Other RRers are good too. Work with so much junk at work don't want to deal with it at home.

Ha! My wife sometimes reminds me that it's not an airplane. I advertised the skis as turn-key and wanted to be totally honest. Besides, if they don't shine they don't sell.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, New Englander said:

Ha! My wife sometimes reminds me that it's not an airplane. I advertised the skis as turn-key and wanted to be totally honest. Besides, if they don't shine they don't sell.

best thing I every confidently sold was my goldwing this spring, I honestly had nothing to be ashamed of on that bike. I just didn't really like It, but it was absolutely completely super duper extra clean. 

36 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I like when the seller of something I am looking at points out some minuscule flaw with apologies, makes you feel ok about the purchase if they are that fussy and honest. 

I did that with the stuff I just sold on CL.  Didn’t do any more than wipe off the dust. Told the buyer it was honest stuff and I wasn’t going to polish something out in a way that would make him leary. A little dirt on something that is used is expected.  I point out any bad with the good and make sure they know to the best of my knowledge what they are getting.  I also expect to be haggled with. I price fair to begin with and don’t have a problem saying no.  Guy tried to knock a bunch off of the one item. I said no, because I had two people waiting in line after him (honestly did). He drove from 3 hrs away so I knew he didn’t come short on $$

13 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

best thing I every confidently sold was my goldwing this spring, I honestly had nothing to be ashamed of on that bike. I just didn't really like It, but it was absolutely completely super duper extra clean. 

Are you saying that you would have liked it more if it had a whisker switch with a flashing LED to let you know that the kickstand was down?

Or were there other reasons for you to dislike the Goldwing?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Are you saying that you would have liked it more if it had a whisker switch with a flashing LED to let you know that the kickstand was down?

It did not have the side car for the ducks to ride in?

Sold a pickup as parts, he drove it off but I sold it as parts.  He got a good deal and so did I. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

I’m saying I definitely like my Jeep more

42 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

12 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I’m saying I definitely like my Jeep more

Yup, no kickstand problems there.....plus plenty of room for his feathered friends to ride along. That is, if he doesn’t end up with a missile launcher to kill the fox and leveling half a square mile and every living creature within it in the process..... 😊

EB212265-8FE9-455B-9992-40CC0E48C686.gif

On 5/8/2020 at 6:14 PM, nate said:

I think you need to get a little thicker skin.   I just ignore people like that.    I advertise stuff a bit higher than I want, they make a reasonable offer, I counter and we both are somewhat satisfied.    

"... makes me bes' haggler"

better haggler.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 9:51 PM, searcyfarms said:

it seems the ads on C/L are dwindling and M/P is the new go to for me around here, seems like I have better luck with peeps on M/P for whatever reason. 

M/P ?

21 minutes ago, farmall666 said:

M/P ?

facebook marketplace