vtfireman85

Craigslist idiots

1 hour ago, IHhogfarmer said:

I’ve never sold anything online, but I’ve bought a handful of manuals and literature on eBay and have no complaints. 

Thats like my friend, he has an account, know the ins and outs of ebay and the comic market, I got them graded and gave him carte blanche and I've been happy with no complaints.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nomorejohndeere said:

For those opposed to Facebook I get it.  But you don't have to use any other part of it.  An email account and some made up names, leave it blank, and you have an account.  Same as on here.

i would take that,however after having it 3 years and trying to sell something,they wanted 10-12 verified data items short of social #,then we do not have the correct smc phone to get secret code so they blocked us

I like the adds that state the car is in Chamberlain, SD.

Look it up on Google Maps and it shows near the interstate with no homes nearby.

The next is the palm trees in the background.

I guarantee there is not a growing palm tree, outside, in South Dakota.

I play with them sometimes.

I'll say I have a BIL in Chamberlain and will send him over to look at it.

Then the car is actually in Lincoln, NE.

She is usually and airline stewardess who will ship me the car after I pay.

Ya, right.

I drag them along until I get tired and tell them to go F Off.

Turning the tables is fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

The next is the palm trees in the background.

Yeah, we see that a lot, palm trees, cactus, oaks, brick houses, and other warm climate items. 

yeah, right, your selling that new cat skid steer for $3,987.10 

17 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

Yeah, we see that a lot, palm trees, cactus, oaks, brick houses, and other warm climate items. 

yeah, right, your selling that new cat skid steer for $3,987.10 

Moving, must go. 

10 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Moving, must go. 

Thought I would use it more, my loss is your gain (yeah, a 45,000 loss?  I don’t think so)

I leave the really dumb ones and don’t report them, why not leave some humor and at the same time if you report them they try something else until they succeed 

I've had mixed results.  Last weekend I answered a C-list ad for a nice Cub Cadet I'd be interested in.  Only 5 miles away.  I took my trailer, had cash (their asking price, btw), and went and looked.  Drove it around, seemed ok.

I asked where the hanger was for the deck.  He's like it just attaches underneath (with a blank IDK expression)  I'm like, no, that's a really important piece I'm going to need.

He couldn't find it.....took off to a back shed.....I'm standing there with his Mom & Sister, waiting, and ask, 'is there a shed in back?'  Mom said yes and walked back, so I went with her. Mind you she didn't ask or tell me to stay up by the house where we were.

We get to the shed and the guy freaks out on me- not wanting people in back- Mom is like 'he just came back here on his own', I'm like huh?  I'll wait outside, I walked away from the building, while he is still rummaging through stuff.

After a minute or so, I'm like F- this, and go back up and get in my truck and leave.   The Sister saw my trailer (which wasn't visible to them where I had parked), as I left.

Low and behold 2 minutes later, they are calling me, they have the hanger.  I'm like, no thanks, not interested.  Just on principle. 

I was going to buy it, but the **** with them.  It's still for sale.

3 minutes ago, 5088 said:

I've had mixed results.  Last weekend I answered a C-list ad for a nice Cub Cadet I'd be interested in.  Only 5 miles away.  I took my trailer, had cash (their asking price, btw), and went and looked.  Drove it around, seemed ok.

I asked where the hanger was for the deck.  He's like it just attaches underneath (with a blank IDK expression)  I'm like, no, that's a really important piece I'm going to need.

He couldn't find it.....took off to a back shed.....I'm standing there with his Mom & Sister, waiting, and ask, 'is there a shed in back?'  Mom said yes and walked back, so I went with her. Mind you she didn't ask or tell me to stay up by the house where we were.

We get to the shed and the guy freaks out on me- not wanting people in back- Mom is like 'he just came back here on his own', I'm like huh?  I'll wait outside, I walked away from the building, while he is still rummaging through stuff.

After a minute or so, I'm like F- this, and go back up and get in my truck and leave.   The Sister saw my trailer (which wasn't visible to them where I had parked), as I left.

Low and behold 2 minutes later, they are calling me, they have the hanger.  I'm like, no thanks, not interested.  Just on principle. 

I was going to buy it, but the **** with them.  It's still for sale.

Probably stolen crap

Craiglist ad under "cars and trucks" recently:  2002 F250, good truck, blah,blah,blah...Selling for a friend.  Why can't the friend sell it?

I use CL and eBay quite a bit. I've gotten pretty good at bidding and  getting things for a good price. Got a good working starter off an H for $30.00, a rear light with the small red light mounted on it for 10 bucks and  most recently a 99.9% new pair of Red Wing steel toe boots for 60$.

I’ve had pretty good luck on Craigslist. Sold the majority of my tractors and implements over c-list when I quit farming in Michigan. One of my tractors sold to a friend without my having to list it. 

Otherwise, I had to be patient, as I got a lot of stupid idiotic low ball offers, but I held out and endured and got what I wanted out of my stuff. 

I also had my tractors in Red Power Mag during that time long ago. I always asked my callers where they saw my ads. Craigslist! Not one dam call came from my RPM ads when I asked. Go figure. And as some of you guys know, my tractors were GQ. 

Well I just updated my ad, included improvements I’ve made and raised the price 400 bucks. We will see if that works, I did that with a trailer one time. It was I. There for 1800 and NOTHING for like 4 weeks. Raised it to 2400, gone next day, no questions asked 

I always reply to those that offer some 1/2 price or less.   "I refuse to adjust the price over the phone or internet"    When you see the thing I am selling in person then we can discuss price. 

My wife has a simple response to the stupid, sight unseen, low-ball offers: Delete

tire kickers, people that dont wanna put a vehicle in thier name and the people that just dont show are worse than lowballers imo, there was a guy that worked with me shortly that was one of those low ballers, i asked him about it once he told me you know i might do it 50 times and only have luck twice but even once is worth it.

2 hours ago, 88power said:

tire kickers, people that dont wanna put a vehicle in thier name and the people that just dont show are worse than lowballers imo, there was a guy that worked with me shortly that was one of those low ballers, i asked him about it once he told me you know i might do it 50 times and only have luck twice but even once is worth it.

As far I'm concerned a hardcore lowballer is only trying to take advantage of people.

• Like 1

A few years ago I had a 18ft. bumper pull cattle trailer. Nice trailer with good tires/lights and brakes. I put it on CL at 2400. A guy called and came by and looked, offered 1400. I told him to look at the front of it. See no bowels, so I dont have to feed or water it. It can set here until it rusts down and dont cost me a thing.

Kinda startled him.

• Like 3

This is off topic but short, 1972 I had a 750 honda, dressed it with shoei bags and a windjammer faring, had a custom paint job, I did some engine work, enough that I could pull the front wheel off the ground hitting 2nd gear.  Mom and I did some trips then come around fall of 1973 we start planning a trip to kalifornia in the summer of '74. In december mom finds we are going to have a family, forget planning a trip, come spring I'm thinking don't really need a bike for awhile so sell the 750, but I don't really want to but to look good I post it at a stoopid price, 2400.00, first guy who comes says how firm, I said like a rock, ( haha inside), ya ok, litlle bit more than I wanted to pay but I'll be back tomorrow, gave me a buck to hold it and left.

I go inside mom said whats wrong, nothing is wrong he bought it. Same when I sold my ford, stoopid price and the first guy buys it. Mom asks the odd time when am I going to sell my guns, I'm not because someone will buy them.

The FB marketplace thing drives me nuts how nobody can read. I have a few things on and only a few people have read the add enough to see that I don't have messenger but they can call or text my phone number. 

I can see their message if I go in the notifications place. I don't get them if I try to look at the messanger place. A real pain in the keester 

the ones that want you to split up stuff makes me crazy, um yeah, just because you want a window from my complete jeep top, doesn't mean I want a jeep top with a missing window, regardless of how much you sing the blues about your financial woes...this aint united way, and I don't care. 

it seems the ads on C/L are dwindling and M/P is the new go to for me around here, seems like I have better luck with peeps on M/P for whatever reason. 

19 hours ago, exSW said:

As far I'm concerned a hardcore lowballer is only trying to take advantage of people.

yeah i agree he was one always looking for something for nothing im glad he found work elsewhere. ive sold a lot of stuff on there and 1 outta 10 people imo are ok the rest screw around and/or try to low ball anymore i just let someone else sell my stuff and they get a cut so i dont have to deal with it anymore it got old quick for me

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 9:51 PM, searcyfarms said:

it seems the ads on C/L are dwindling and M/P is the new go to for me around here, seems like I have better luck with peeps on M/P for whatever reason. 

Just like going from Main Street, to the Mall, to Big Box Stores and internet shopping.

Things change, no matter how much money you throw at it to keep Main Street alive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Just like going from Main Street, to the Mall, to Big Box Stores and internet shopping.

Things change, no matter how much money you throw at it to keep Main Street alive.

I've seen a few healthy Main Streets. The Mayor,town council,the cops and the Histerical society/Downtown alliance can finish killing one off as much as anything.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 10:35 PM, vtfireman85 said:

the ones that want you to split up stuff makes me crazy, um yeah, just because you want a window from my complete jeep top, doesn't mean I want a jeep top with a missing window, regardless of how much you sing the blues about your financial woes...this aint united way, and I don't care. 

Guy wanted to buy just one of my Jet Skis. Yeah, right, I'm gonna try to sell one and a double trailer.

Sold the pair for the right price. I spent a good amount of time on them cleaning, polishing, making sure everything worked and the buyer appreciated it.

12 minutes ago, New Englander said:

Guy wanted to buy just one of my Jet Skis. Yeah, right, I'm gonna try to sell one and a double trailer.

Sold the pair for the right price. I spent a good amount of time on them cleaning, polishing, making sure everything worked and the buyer appreciated it.

^^^^^^This^^^^^. Ready to roll says a lot. Last fall my son a complete Deutz/Allis/Fahr tedder rake at an auction. $100.00. Hauled it out of there on the near new $140k tiltbed from his work. Between the two of us we probably have eight-ten hours in getting it shined up,lubed,everything turning correctly and a hundred bucks in parts,grease,penetrating oil and so on. Not to mention the tool pile that got used on it. I asked him last night how he liked his bargain now. I'd say with all the above inputs its about a thousand dollar rake.