415 culti mulcher rear hitch.

2+2love

Hello,  I have a 415 as well and have been wondering the same.  I thought of pulling a rolling harrow behind mine.  What are you thinking about pulling?

IH1586

Was common around here in 70s & 80s. Pulled endwheel drills behind them like 5100 soybean specials. Hitches were probly home made. Were beautiful seedbeds for beans or hay seedings.  That  is till a heavy rain would change all that.

8 hours ago, 2+2love said:

I want to pull a 5100 grain drill 6 inch spacing.  And a 12 foot brillion alfalfa seeder. I just dont know how it would work with the 415 having the pivot spring hitch set up.

We had a brillion cultimulcher and I think it had the pivoting spring loaded hitch. Never gave it any thought but pulled the drill behind it for years with no issues.

• Like 1

We did that back in the 60s.  Brillion made a pup that went between the drill and mulcher.  Wasnt very good on the road but worked great in the field.

jerry

I had a 415 i purchased new and it had the factory hitch on it. I used it to pull a 3 section harrow at times. I bet it is still available in the parts if you were even looking for a picture. It worked good

Does anyone have a photo or diagram of a rear hitch for a 415?  I have a 26 ft one and thought about adding a rear hitch.  Its definitely well built and does a good job.

IH1586

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beet Bandit said:

I can get pic tomorrow, have removable ones for our 24ft 415's for pulling our JD 455 drills. Currently off cuz attatch harrows when not drilling. 

Please and thank you.