Hello IH crawler nuts, this question has probably been asked before. 

Does anyone have a list of the "T* " suffixes used on crawler tractor serial numbers in the 1940s

I am trying the particularly to find out what T3 and T7** stand for.   I know T4* was code for Military Use.

Regards from Michael H.🔧

Hello Michael,

The list is in the back of original parts books.  My T6 / TD6 book has it.  I tried to take a picture of it but did not work out.

T3 = Kerosene,    T7 = Wide Tread.  There is a long list of T7 codes for how a machine is equipped.  Example, T7AD = wide tread, low speed gears, hd track roller shields, ridged track frame, front pto.

I'll work on putting the complete list up.  We will see.

Dennis

7 hours ago, farmalldr said:

Rest of the code list.

Dennis

2065455388_TDoptioncode2.thumb.jpg.2d04c40ede40e769e769a9bd789dff96.jpg1968195120_TDoptioncode3.thumb.jpg.96558627b0f54cec6d298818cc24e05c.jpg1718218019_TDoptioncode4.thumb.jpg.2ea9eef1a0400a6cc0d19ae114b99606.jpg

Thanks, much need information found!

6 hours ago, louie figone said:

Dennis, good stuff.

Louie, I almost pm'd you for help to get this posted but found I needed to change a setting on printer/scanner.  I figured you would know with all the info you post here.  You help a lot of folks with your info.

Dennis