Mtb

Lost serial number

First off a big hello to all, new to owning a red machine just could not resist a petrol / tvo T6 crawler but I cannot find a serial number tag on the machine I have taken a photo of the engine number does that help with identifying? 
hopefully your expertise can point me in the right direction 

mike

084767A4-FEAD-4DC7-9327-3C285DBF99EC.jpeg

4BD5AB95-00B8-49B4-A4E3-B3A1AD5D0C31.jpeg

B4E3BE16-9E82-4B6C-BB8C-FC84CCE910DA.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mtb said:

First off a big hello to all, new to owning a red machine just could not resist a petrol / tvo T6 crawler but I cannot find a serial number tag on the machine I have taken a photo of the engine number does that help with identifying? 
hopefully your expertise can point me in the right direction 

mike

084767A4-FEAD-4DC7-9327-3C285DBF99EC.jpeg

4BD5AB95-00B8-49B4-A4E3-B3A1AD5D0C31.jpeg

B4E3BE16-9E82-4B6C-BB8C-FC84CCE910DA.jpeg

TBKM 5701 T3   T= TracTractor  BK= Series 6  M= (motor /engine)  First production unit was #501 in 1940, so yours appears to be the 5200th engine built.  T-3 is a "track option"

I assume you are located in Britain as you say "petrol / TVO"  rather than the American "gasoline/distillate" or the Australian "power kerosene"

regards from Michael H. 

Thank's for the reply's

yes from uk Scottish Borders 

Is the engine number the same as the serial number or am I barking up the wrong tree ?

mike

4 hours ago, Mtb said:

Thank's for the reply's

yes from uk Scottish Borders 

Is the engine number the same as the serial number or am I barking up the wrong tree ?

mike

Unfortunately they're not   . BUT I have found some information for you. The T3 suffix means "kerosene option" when its used on a engine  and "T1" means "gasoline engine". I have found a production list of engines built for the T-6 crawler and that engine serial number was from early 1948. I assume this is the original engine fitted to the crawler. I assume this tractor was used for farm work as it has no dozer blade and the TVO fuel option was mainly used on farm tractors. There was a British built equivalent model called the BT-6 which was, to the best of my knowledge, only built in the TVO style. The engine in used in the T-6, from that era, is largely the same as used in the W-6 & Farmall M tractors which is handy when sourcing engine parts.👆

Regards from Michael H. in Australia.

Thank you for a very informative insight as to when the crawler was produced I am looking forward to bringing it back to life and using it for the odd job around the property, Ransomes wheeled mole plough springs to mind.

Mike

Small technicality--that is the 5201th built.  

Look at it this way, if the serial were 502 and you subtracted 501, you'd say it was #1, not #2.  You have to subtract 500.  Common mistake.