2020 crop in the ground

Dad finished rolling soybeans today.   We are finished planting.   One of the earliest times I can remember.    Need a shot of rain and some warmer weather now.   High of 50 later in week.   I guess what do you expect in Minnesota!    A few pics I took.   

FCD4C8E4-9BBD-496A-A053-D8974B589601.jpeg

FE619DA8-9769-47A9-9D79-6582915B5DB3.jpeg

523AB49C-765E-4726-A3FD-3D03084AC620.jpeg

19EA0B4A-77B3-4A01-9E82-276F2FE60661.jpeg

DA549EF6-E4AD-437B-8482-0B16A57BE0AD.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Nice and thanks for shearing

Looks good Nate!!! We were saturated to start spring, but got a little done 2 weeks ago, then an inch of rain last week and it’s been tough finding dry ground again.  We missed the rain last night, and looks like we will today as well, so we’ll be busy after this cold air moves out!!

I would say most of the corn is in the ground around here, planted mine 4-22&23, just starting to emerge. Lots of guys planting beans, I'm working on the cyclo, need parts. Rain today will slow things down, forecast is still favorable.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.  Done here also.  I don't think I remember ever having all the corn and beans planted before May 1st.  We are very dry, getting a little drizzle today, definitely can use the moisture.  First planted corn is starting to spike through and even the 1st planted beans are just starting to push through.  Low 30's forecasted Friday morning, hopefully those cold temps don't last long.

Nice pics everyone.

A lot of guys waiting to plant a whole lot here due to cool temps. Awfully wet the last week or so. 

On 5/5/2020 at 5:48 AM, Jacka said:

Barely started here in southern PA,wet ,rains all the time,cold,wet snow forecasted for three nights

Yep woke up this morning to 38 degrees and rain again.  Passed on the temptation to plant any beans yesterday.  Too windy to get any spraying done.  Took time yesterday to use pole saw and trim branches around fields.

14 hours ago, farmer john 8910 said:

Need about 4 more days here. We have already planted 20-30 acres that is usually cat tales and swamp

Oh man you’re farming wetlands! That’s a capital crime! 😱

stupid nrcs... 

3 minutes ago, dumbfarmer said:

Oh man you’re farming wetlands! That’s a capital crime! 😱

stupid nrcs... 

We do not participate in the farm program anymore. 4 years ago we had a 6 inch rain right after planting and they checked our compliance on the highly eroadable ground then. Needless to say it didn’t go well and even though we fixed all the terraces and waterways immediately they wanted to fine us and take 40 more acres out of production for grass strips and waterways!!!!

8 minutes ago, farmer john 8910 said:

We do not participate in the farm program anymore. 4 years ago we had a 6 inch rain right after planting and they checked our compliance on the highly eroadable ground then. Needless to say it didn’t go well and even though we fixed all the terraces and waterways immediately they wanted to fine us and take 40 more acres out of production for grass strips and waterways!!!!

So no crop insurance either? The bassturds have their nose in everything 

I planted the combine last night. Does that count??? 

Looking good everyone. Too cold and wet to put seed in the ground here for at least a week, maybe 2

• Like 1

In the Mat-Su valley in Alaska we usually can't plant anything until the soil is 60*F or about June 1st. Right now you would be hard pressed to dig more than a foot so I painted a oilpan

oilpan 01.jpg

oilpan 03.jpg

oilpan 02.jpg

7 hours ago, db1486 said:

I planted the combine last night. Does that count??? 

Looking good everyone. Too cold and wet to put seed in the ground here for at least a week, maybe 2

There's guys up here that are almost finished wheat. Doesn't matter much if the seed sits for 2 weeks and rots before it pops out I guess. We're still getting some decent frosts here.

• Like 1