My friend has continentals on a couple tractors, has had excellent luck with them and I believe they are older tires now.

How much per tire, just tire price.

12 minutes ago, nelson jr said:

My friend has continentals on a couple tractors, has had excellent luck with them and I believe they are older tires now.

How much per tire, just tire price.

Right at 900 locally. I mounted them myself. Getting the old ones off about kicked my butt. I will still say the good guys that do this alot make it look so effortless and easy. These big tires you have to have everything in your favor and they are not bad. From the tire lean to the bead placement. Tire shop wanted $150 to swap 2 tires if I hauled them the tractor. add a $100 to it to come to farm. Honestly if i had been busy in the field that would of been an easy decision 

7 hours ago, farmer john 8910 said:

You will be happy 

Thanks and I wish we were closer as you obviously had a better price. These were in my back yard from by bil. 

From my last purchase of some 36 inch tires that sounds like an awfully good price.  It is always nice when a project is finished and you can say "I did that by myself".

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WESnIL said:

From my last purchase of some 36 inch tires that sounds like an awfully good price.  It is always nice when a project is finished and you can say "I did that by myself".

Got that right. I'll say that after a week or so when I know I didnt wrinkle or pinch a tube. 🙈  sadly I had one rim that was a little questionable around the bead and I was afraid it would give me trouble tubeless. I really wanted tubeless....

• Like 1

Mitas is made by Trellborg if I remember correctly?! And Trellborg is a good tire.  You should be just fine! They look nice on the tractor.

Those look good.  I'll be looking at Mitas or Firestones this fall on my 1086.

17 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Got that right. I'll say that after a week or so when I know I didnt wrinkle or pinch a tube. 🙈  sadly I had one rim that was a little questionable around the bead and I was afraid it would give me trouble tubeless. I really wanted tubeless....

I the tube doesn’t give you trouble down the road . . . I do what ever it take to go tubeless on tractor tires.  Had a set of Mitas tires on the front of my MX170 which is a loader tractor.  They had tubes in because the tires were getting poor.  I went through two sets of tubes because the tubes would crack and leak at point of maximum sidewall flex.  There were two factors I think that caused this.  One is that those tires were badly overloaded.  Combine that with what I think was Mitas’s high flexion technology resulted in the tubes flexing more than they could take, even with crazy high pressures.

1 hour ago, Missouri Mule said:

I'm not a fan at all of tubeless tractor tires. The pop-in valve stems seem to be the most common point of leakage. Schrader makes a valve stem that assembles and tightens up with wrenches, threaded brass body, rubber sealing washers, and accepts the water stem.  I will admit a tubeless tires is easy to plug,  but I've seen way more tubeless tires leak between rim bead and tire bead.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Missouri Mule said:

Right at 900 locally. I mounted them myself. Getting the old ones off about kicked my butt. I will still say the good guys that do this alot make it look so effortless and easy. These big tires you have to have everything in your favor and they are not bad. From the tire lean to the bead placement. Tire shop wanted $150 to swap 2 tires if I hauled them the tractor. add a $100 to it to come to farm. Honestly if i had been busy in the field that would of been an easy decision 

Very true. A good guy on farm tractor or big truck tires makes it seem effortless. Very few tires other than  ehicles with  with aluminum rims have I had paid anybody to mount. I don’t mind working on.tractor tires.

My brother put Mitas on his MX270 a couple years ago.  So far they've held up well.  I don't remember numbers but know they were considerably cheaper than Firestone.

7 hours ago, dale560 said:

Very true. A good guy on farm tractor or big truck tires makes it seem effortless. Very few tires other than  ehicles with  with aluminum rims have I had paid anybody to mount. I don’t mind working on.tractor tires.

Most tire shops around me don't have anyone real good at big tires because those guys who are won't work for nothing and don't stay.  So it was a necessity to make it a DIY project.  With the bead breaker, bars, and soap, I don't mind it at all.  I have a larger than normal rim clamp tire machine and can do all the little ones with it, even made a fixture to hold real little tires on it.  I do all my own, have a computer balancer too, wouldn't trade not having that stuff.

Probably can’t see it in the picture but it has continentals on the front and I bought new Mitas in the same tread time match for the back. The ones on the front are a few years old and have a fair amount of stubble damage but very little bar wear. They clean out and pull very well. I paid $860 for the last 2 I bought. This fall I am going to be switching the tires on the 7140 from 20.8 38 and 18.4 26 to 18.4 42 and 14.9 30 and will be going with all Mitas. 

C4910EE5-48EB-4213-BB26-DA0E2EAACDEC.jpeg

• 4 months later...

I'll bet you're ready to tie her down and see how they pull.

15 hours ago, nelson jr said:

How's those tires been?

I need two sets but would rather have bias.

My 20.8 bias on the 1066 will spin out on dry grass pulling reels out for irrigating.  My wore out 18.4 radials on the mcC 135 will go another 200' easy.

Dont get why they even sell bias

On 5/5/2020 at 7:38 AM, Missouri Mule said:

You are lucky only local tire shop here is  coop that is going broke. The tire guy they had was 65 and retired. Now the shop manager runs the truck in his spare time. They just adjusted rates to 140 an hour and 6 a mile mileage.