Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Plow

"Super" Cub Cadet #2 Tiller

I added 2ea. 6" extensions from a #1 tiller to my #2 tiller a few years back so I could use it behind my SGT's and still take out the wheel tracks.  Attachment has been converted to the Cat 0 style 3pt system and the belt drive uses an intermediate shaft made from a 50" deck center pulley (mower mule belt to intermediate shaft, then short belt to tiller gear box...much easier than that LOOOOOONG belt on the std tiller setup).  Added bearings at the ends of the main shaft and strengthend the housing with angle iron.

Had it out in the garden Saturday...50" wide an honest 7" deep makes the Kohler Mag 20 talk!!!  It's the only PTO implement I have that has killed the motor on the 2072.  Wife was nice enough to video a bit.

0101131124.jpg

0101131129a.jpg

IMG_5470 (Large).JPG

IMG_6460.JPG

IMG_6465.JPG

• Like 3

Nice job!!!!!  Always wanted to run my tiller on the Super.  Awesome design for the belt.  Must have been fun finding correct belt combo at first?

Thanks!  Built it for the mower mule drive, then measured for the "straight" belt.  Wasn't too bad once I had the spindle located.  Does cut down on ground clearance a bit, but worth it for easy use.  Had the whole tiller installed on the tractor and running in 10 min.

It's a hoss,  but it needs power!

• Haha 1

That's impressive.

Hard to beat how well those IH tillers do. Nice job 👍🏻