Rbertalotto

my 782 video walk around

Did you have a lot of slop in the front axle pivot and wheel bearing spindles?

There is slop....Not sure what "A lot" would be. There is enough that I would want to take this thing on the Highway at 60 mph!😁

After a lifetime of mowing, they really need new spindles so the wheels aren't wobbly and remachine the front axle pivot.

82 series has a castle nut on the front axle pivot that can be used to take out 90% of the axle slop.

Wide frame front spindles usually wear at the kingpin holes (lack of grease to the kingpin bushing).  A full disassembly, clearancing of the casting to allow for tight reassembly, and then reassembly of the spindle with the king pin bolt drawn tight against the kingpin bushing usually has the spindle in tip top condition. 

Steering linkage and gearbox is usually the biggest contributor to front end slop.  New tie rod ends and readjusting the gearbox bearing plate and cam follower (replace cam follower in bad cases) will minimize slop there too.  These parts take lots of abuse from mowing.

Also check the steering box mount crossmember where it attaches to the inside of the frame rail. One leg of the weld broke on mine and allowed it to flex.

Nice machine.   782s are fun.   Does it have a plow or a blade? Good idea adding bracing to the rear end as those aluminum ones aren’t that strong. 

Yes, It has a blade that I just refinished. It is a great plow tractor. Pushed 5 yards of topsoil around my property last week.....But it could use more weight in the rear. I bought the adapter to fill the rear tires with potable antifreeze or windshield washer fluid. Will fill front tires too as it gets a little "front light" when relocating a heavy trailer around the yard.

Very nice looking tractor. I like those switches. Looks like a fighter plane dash.