My grandfather bought this truck new. My dad drove it in high school. It was parked in the barn in the late 60s until my grandfather passed in 2009. I took it to my dads and he started working on it. My sons and I painted and rewired it and finished a few things for him. He has the hub caps and is waiting on the tires.

20200329_122712.jpg

20200329_122717.jpg

20200409_141114.jpg

20200411_140033.jpg

20200412_180927.jpg

20200427_170734.jpg

20200501_161552.jpg

20200501_161439.jpg

20200501_141507.jpg

20200429_163451.jpg

• Like 15

Very good!

Ron

Wow.   Very nice

Very cool. Great piece of family history makes it priceless. 

I miss shifting the old "three on the tree". 😃

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Brent1086 said:

Thanks guys I appreciate the compliments. I really hope my dad drives it some.

Fantastic job!  If you Dad does not drive her some, I will be happy to purchase.

• Like 1

Nice!  Dad bought a new 1953 Chevy pickup (interior looks very close to this one). I learned to drive in this truck in the early 1970's picking up bales in the field. It had 226,000 miles on it when it was parked. My younger sister now owns it with plans to someday get it running again. 

Nice job, great old truck! Good thing it was stuck in the barn instead just gotten rid of like most.

Sweet! So solid! In New England nothing lasts unless it's blocked up from October to May.

Which GMC engine? 

Nice job. I bet Grandpa would be proud. 

Sweet

I love it.  Just right not 100k resto just clean her up and give fresh life.  Perfect for taking mom for a ride to some DQ or checking the counties crop progess.  Love that color.  Post pics of hubcaps on.  Off wall.....were the rims body color or black OEM?  

That was original or close to it color. Rims were body color with white pin stripes. There is a pin stripe that needs to be put on around cab. Hub caps were originally painted white with red gmc letters. Dad is deciding on hub caps and tires this week. I want him to put mud grips on the back. This was a Korean War era truck is why there was so little chrome on it.I want to take it in the county stock show rodeo parade. Pic is dated 1964 note ffa sticker...it is still on it.

20200502_113535.jpg

• Like 1

How cool is that!!  What an awesome piece of family history you have there, you are blessed!