I was spraying fence row and around barns of one of our landlords today and as I was leaving a man who lives across from where I was at flagged me down and asked me to come over to his place to help load a mower. While I was there we went into his huge shop that is full of stuff. I saw these filters etc and asked if he would sell them he said no but you can have them. He quit farming back in the 80s and had these left over on some shelves. I tried to pay him but he wouldn’t accept. I told him I would spray around  his barns to make a little payment . The filters are dirty but very little rust . Some had a plastic lid on them like a Pringle’s can, I didn’t remember  them having them. Most of my other Nos filters are just wrapped in plastic. 

BFED086E-F317-4326-960F-936E32B318C7.jpeg

• Like 11

The filters and all are cool, that's some luck to just fall in to like that. I would love to go through everything on those shelves!

I went thru many of those filters in my life time 

There's some cool stuff there! I've got 2 or 3 great big boxes full of NOS IH fuel and oil filters that came from a local guy that used to own a small local dealer. Think they closed in the 80's. If someone nearby wanted them, they could have them, probably only good for decoration, but a lot are still in the plastic and boxes. I wouldn't ship them though, got screwed last time someone wanted some.

1 hour ago, TomH said:

The filters and all are cool, that's some luck to just fall in to like that. I would love to go through everything on those shelves!

Before my Dad died we went to salvage yards and got a lot of old parts, when we restored our tractors he wanted to get every option that was in the parts book for each tractor. We used a lot of parts on the tractors but have a lot of extra stuff on shelves. There is a lot more than what’s in the picture. I’ve kinda collected NOS parts and hard to get parts thru the years. I got a lot of parts from Glen Mlnarik, Mark Mathis and Steel Wheel Ranch years back. I like looking at the parts on the shelves but may sell some parts as others may need some things and I’ll never use most of them and won’t be restoring more tractors. We have nine in the shed restored and don’t need any more. We still use two Super H and a Super C on augers loading out of the bins and wagon work. 

• Like 1