"The Breakup what really happened" Paul Wallem

Kurly

Farm Collector <info@eml.farmcollector.com>

Case bought IH there was NO merger. Please don't try to change history with your emotions. Many do not want to face the facts that IH went bankrupt and was purchased by Case, but please don't try to rewrite history. Future generations should be afforded the truth, it might help future companies and executives. Hollywood produces movies with their biases and new generations think its a truthful documentary.   Haven't read the book, but the  "former IH executives involved in the merger with Case" is untruthful at least. Disclaimer I own and enjoy several IH tractors and Hit n miss engines but Facts are Facts.  Thanks,  Curly

Well I think that Tenneco bought IH not case and merge them. But that my opinion and your going to stir up a ****storm on here by posting that. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kurly said:

Case bought IH there was NO merger. Please don't try to change history with your emotions. Many do not want to face the facts that IH went bankrupt and was purchased by Case, but please don't try to rewrite history. Future generations should be afforded the truth, it might help future companies and executives. Hollywood produces movies with their biases and new generations think its a truthful documentary.   Haven't read the book, but the  "former IH executives involved in the merger with Case" is untruthful at least. Disclaimer I own and enjoy several IH tractors and Hit n miss engines but Facts are Facts.  Thanks,  Curly

Maybe you should read the book 1st. And get the facts correct. Case didn't buy IH Tenneco did who already owned Case. Which then became CaseIH. But maybe everyone else has been wrong for the last 35yrs, but whatdo i know.

Slick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the whole history is some what scrubbed from actual print in the 80's

they saved both colors from obscurity but could not hold on for long.

tenneco's whole pot was eventually a black hole with oil interests at the wrong time, and too much emphasis on govt contracts and once the dod $$$ dried up, there was none left to play with tractors

even "they" speak little of the actual beginnings

https://www.tenneco.com/careers/tenneco_history/

this shows they should be a proud producer of our needed engine parts but bow to pelsoi and do not

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenneco

Let’s see Case had tractors and skidsteers. All they brought to the merger was a different cab on the already developed tractor that became the Magnum. 

And incidentally we bought parts and rented a 1440 from Wallem when he was a dealer, seemed like ok show in the mid ‘80’s. Until today I didn’t realize he has a son that is an actor and his daughter is married to Melissa Etheridge. 

• Confused 1

IH was close to bankruptcy but did NOT go bankrupt. Tenneco bought IH period. Case couldn't buy anything.

• Like 3

Tennaco bought more than just case and ih ag. They bought monroe shocks, stiegler and I don't remember what else. Tennaco was flush with cash from oil and was looking to diversify. Ag looked like a bargain. Thx-Ace

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kurly said:

So why does a zero poster put this on a IH site? What’s the purpose of this ?

• Like 3

Case brought skid steers,industrial equ.,blended some ideas in the discs.Other then that their rear ends,trannys were light in there big 2wd tractors.No harvestsing equ.,no combines,no plows,no balers,no choppers,no planters, nothing anyone ever spoke of that I know of with respect,reliability. If they had it it would have been more on use and around.The Daivd Brown Tractors dealerships they bought in the 70's were the the shinning star of their operation. 

There was no bankruptcy!!!!!! Read 'A corporate Tragedy"  You will want to go out and kick someone in charge of the UAW/Unions. They seemed to pick on IHC most of the 20th century other than taking a break in the 1940's to attack Allis Chalmers. Sure there were mistakes made on all levels. But IHC as a whole outlasted Case, Oliver, Allis and Massey.

i dont know ANY of the details, all i know is i grew up on them, worked on them, loved them, relied on them, made money using them, enjoy owning them and still do - i dont care what happened i will still keep using them - there will always be jackwagons trying to stir the pot - 

ya know, its kind of like our parents and our kids, we did stupid crap our parents still loved us, our kids do stupid crap we still love them

regardless i will still love my red stuff 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jass1660 said:

All they brought to the merger was a different cab

I think  the cab was IH as well!! I think the only thing Case on the new IH magnum was the engine, dash, and rear cast wheels, otherwise the magnum was IH through and through!!!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, exSW said:

Troll.

Mo. 

Slick

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

I think  the cab was IH as well!! I think the only thing Case on the new IH magnum was the engine, dash, and rear cast wheels, otherwise the magnum was IH through and through!!!

The cab is IH. A magnum door will fit on an 86/50 series. I've sold them for that purpose. Case gave them the tilt hood, axle wedges, side muffler and Cummins.

14 hours ago, cedar farm said:

The cab is IH. A magnum door will fit on an 86/50 series. I've sold them for that purpose. Case gave them the tilt hood, axle wedges, side muffler and Cummins.

In the red tractor book. The magnum hood and cab top looks very similar to a early sketch that Greg Montgomery made for the 88 series. I would say tenneco case did the right thing by keeping the design staff hired by ihc. The shout out for case is they allowed him to use his designs to make the tractor.

5 hours ago, dale560 said:

In the red tractor book. The magnum hood and cab top looks very similar to a early sketch that Greg Montgomery made for the 88 series. I would say tenneco case did the right thing by keeping the design staff hired by ihc. The shout out for case is they allowed him to use his designs to make the tractor.

Yes, I agree completely, Tennaco / Case allowed IH engineers to continue working on the Magnum series until it was the best tractor in the marketplace.

The clown that made the first post in this topic is just grossly misinformed, truly a troll.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Yes, I agree completely, Tennaco / Case allowed IH engineers to continue working on the Magnum series until it was the best tractor in the marketplace.

The clown that made the first post in this topic is just grossly misinformed, truly a troll.

Think it is quoted as montgemery was from ford. But his design pictures from early on are classic magnum look.. here is a picture of his design

ADB2B879-CC74-4A4C-BFC7-AF3DF443640E.png