Had a good sized branding Monday. Thanks to the Covid thing, just me and a girl (one helluva girl I might add) cutting bull calves

When we got done, I saw that bucket full of "nuts" and wondered how many calves we castrated today.

I was told and so there is the contest.

How many bull calves donated their "marbles" to fill this 5 gallon bucket?

Bull calves were mainly March and April born with a few Feb thrown in for good measure. 

124528804_nutsbarnes20520bullcalves.thumb.jpg.125e193426130be9f9554aa00f00a7a1.jpg

To make this contest worth entering, the person getting the closest to the correct number will win this really cool bottle opener, hand forged and provided by our very own Sledgehammer!!!🏆🥇

1803415201_bottleopenerf.jpeg.3d5e5ed90e582e70bf3c6495fd0a89b2.jpeg1084238179_bottleopenerb.jpeg.e2f6840b65261346b74aae146601c58d.jpeg

Good luck, have fun and be safe out there.😃

1424323009_cowbull(3).jpg.ee1811ed03647dbf515e7a3524bd8ee2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m going to abstain from the voting but I did do a test fit and it looks like it should work. That was about 8 AM In the morning so no I did not remove the cap. Seriously though, it is mild steel all

Guess it's time to name the winner.  A short crew of 20 (because of the covid thing) drug to the fire, and worked just over 900 calves in 7 1/2 hours. Danielle and me cut 520 bull calves.

That means there is still time to guess. The winner just has to provide: Name Address Social Security Number  bank account number A signed blank check (for shipping and handli

Posted Images

Anyone who’s had a vasectomy can’t look at that and not start to twitch down there!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

138, thought maybe you were going to offer the nuts as the prize. Those things are pretty sought after around here.

edit; 138 bull calves. 

• Like 1

176 prairie oysters (176 steer calves)

• Like 1

I’m going to abstain from the voting but I did do a test fit and it looks like it should work. That was about 8 AM In the morning so no I did not remove the cap. Seriously though, it is mild steel all made by hand including the lines and holes.

05576C5C-A390-49CB-836C-01CB5A6B909E.jpeg

• Like 7

…….206  calves  were emasculated  ……..

..(but no animals were harmed in this production,......:rolleyes:)

Mike

• Like 1

440 is my guess.  My wife and I actually won a similar contest years ago  determining how many chocolate chips were in a container.  figured out how many bags it would take them counted  the number of chips in a bag. That obviously  wont work in this instance, so I counted the number visible in the picture and then guessed how many layers are there. cab

• Like 1

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, I'm asking for number of bull calves so if you guessing actual "nut count" please state as such. 

That works too😃

• Like 1

On a serious side I'm sitting here with my little joey knowing he has to go through this and I wish he didnt, but the chance of bloody cancer bugs me more than the nipping of the buds.

• Like 1

168 calves, 168  pairs or 336 actual oysters.

• Like 1