vtfireman85

Case 580b info

Just now, vtfireman85 said:

Hydraulic wet clutch with torque converter similar to a John Deere i think 

How did it go once you got some oil in it?

Not a bad looking one. Nice find.

19 minutes ago, New Englander said:

How did it go once you got some oil in it?

Loaded just great. Seems strong but I didn’t want to work it and the brake pedals are seized but it has one horrible but numbing head rattling vibration at high rpm. Not sure what that is about, the 580k has a little drive shaft in the middle, I’m kind of suspicious of that 

any source for aftermarket cylinder seal kits ? 

also I can't find the thing on the CIH parts page, I found the tractor, but I can't find the loader or the backhoe. 

I was trying to do two things at once and Didnt do either good. My cousin has a 580b and I helped him last year rebuild most of the cylinders on the hoe. I know some of the kits weren’t right after we got the cylinder apart but he was able to get the right ones once he got the dimensions. He said the place he got the kits from was almost half price of case ones. I’ll see if he can give me the place where he got them. Sorry for the other post...

• Thanks 1

If I can't get seals I usually pull them out and send the seals to the hydraulic shop and have them match them up, way cheaper too if your not in a hurry. 

Broken Tractor  in Lousiana is great to deal with. They have the seals and the tool for unscrewing the packing gland. They also sell spare pins for the spanner tool. They ship anywhere and their website is super easy to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, IH766 said:

We bought a 580b last year, been a good machine. We just replaced the coupler and spline on the hydraulic pump that runs the loader and hoe, was a common thing on them apparently. Other than that it's been a good machine for us so far. 

Not sure how dealer support is there but I had a heck of a time tracking down parts for it. The parts staff didn't seem very knowledgeable but could have been because it's an older machine

What were the symptoms of a bad coupler? this thing vibrates like heck at higher engine rpm. It was suggested that could be a culprit

He said he got them from Fastliftparts and Allstate’s ag. I guess both didn’t have all of the right ones. 

15 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

He said he got them from Fastliftparts and Allstate’s ag. I guess both didn’t have all of the right ones. 

I suspect it’s going to be a lot of that .

11 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

any source for aftermarket cylinder seal kits ? 

also I can't find the thing on the CIH parts page, I found the tractor, but I can't find the loader or the backhoe. 

Google search should find what you need.  I have no problem finding cylinder seals for my Case 1835B skid steers that-a-way.   Getting them through Case might not be unreasonable should the aftermarket fail.  I’ve gone that way too in a pinch and I think the seal kit was maybe 5 or 10 bucks more than aftermarket.

2 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

What were the symptoms of a bad coupler? this thing vibrates like heck at higher engine rpm. It was suggested that could be a culprit

Ours did that as well, then all of a sudden no hydraulics on the loader or hoe, etc. Easy enough fix we just did ours, I've got parts numbers if you need.

Just now, IH766 said:

Ours did that as well, then all of a sudden no hydraulics on the loader or hoe, etc. Easy enough fix we just did ours, I've got parts numbers if you need.

If it is convenient I’d love them , I ordered manuals but it says they won’t be here for another week or 2

Sent you a pm

• Thanks 1

I ordered seals from broken tractor, guy was very helpful, I had a tracking number in hours. It’s bugging the heck out of me I can’t get to a complete parts page online. I can get the tractor, but it’s missing a lot of stuff like hydraulics. Gauges, sheet metal and the loader and backhoe. If I try the model 35 backhoe it doesn’t seem quite right. Has anyone got any suggestions? I can’t seem to find the correct serial number either. The one in the picture must be for the loader because it doesn’t match up to anything in terms of the tractor serial numbers. I would like to service this thing if I can this weekend. But would like to get access to the parts pages  

21 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I ordered seals from broken tractor, guy was very helpful, I had a tracking number in hours. It’s bugging the heck out of me I can’t get to a complete parts page online. I can get the tractor, but it’s missing a lot of stuff like hydraulics. Gauges, sheet metal and the loader and backhoe. If I try the model 35 backhoe it doesn’t seem quite right. Has anyone got any suggestions? I can’t seem to find the correct serial number either. The one in the picture must be for the loader because it doesn’t match up to anything in terms of the tractor serial numbers. I would like to service this thing if I can this weekend. But would like to get access to the parts pages  

Seth, look here;

https://www.epsstore.com/index.php/backhoe-parts-links-pins-bushings/case-pin-bushings/case-backhoe-pins/case-580b-580e-backhoe-pins/pin-bushings-tower-to-frame-580b-e.html

It says model 35 too, so is a 35 just an early 580?

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

I think the model 35 hoe and loader may have had more applications than just the 580B..thats how it seems. 

yes you have to find the correct serial/model

https://partstore.casece.com/us/GroffTractorMechanicsburg/parts-search.html#epc::mr61946ag60334

https://partstore.casece.com/us/GroffTractorMechanicsburg/parts-search.html#epc::mr61946ar491654

https://www.casece.com/northamerica/en-us/resources/prior-models

https://www.casece.com/northamerica/en-us/resources/prior-models

do keep in mind the 2 mergers subbed many  < '90 #  and fiat has been working 10 yrs to resub and or spec/list ALL  parts to metric where possible.......like case and cat weren't hard enough to get the correct hose that stayed in the holder and doesn't chaff in 2 days

I found the serial tag, I make it a 73’

FBDF9097-3BBC-49D3-8887-21536945528A.jpeg

3F00DD93-16AC-48A9-907F-B379CB128177.jpeg

That last photo has one of those universal pocket actuators you have a red one that might not work on a Case   

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

That last photo has one of those universal pocket actuators you have a red one that might not work on a Case   

I really hate crap like that, I have a shiny new key switch sitting in the garage for it 

19 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I really hate crap like that, I have a shiny new key switch sitting in the garage for it 

Its not like they need an exact key for that machine pretty easy to get if you miss place it.

Got my CJ stolen once they got the lock cylinder out but apparently couldn't start it maybe they didn't have a screw driver?

So they tied the seat belt over the steering wheel  and tried towing it with an extension cord that was in the Jeep!!

Of course it broke loose ends up in a neighbors front yard cops call me wanting to know why my Jeep is on the neighbors lawn.

I go down to see what happened saw the lock Ignition was popped out I grab the screw driver that I always kept on the floor and started it up and drove it off the lawn

The cop got a good chuckle out of that.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

Its not like they need an exact key for that machine pretty easy to get if you miss place it.

Got my CJ stolen once they got the lock cylinder out but apparently couldn't start it maybe they didn't have a screw driver?

So they tied the seat belt over the steering wheel  and tried towing it with an extension cord that was in the Jeep!!

Of course it broke loose ends up in a neighbors front yard cops call me wanting to know why my Jeep is on the neighbors lawn.

I go down to see what happened saw the lock Ignition was popped out I grab the screw driver that I always kept on the floor and started it up and drove it off the lawn

The cop got a good chuckle out of that.

The CJ5 , CJ2A, Power Wagon and the B-275 all took the same key