The awesome picture thread

lorenzo

......this is / was an advertisment  for NZ  Dominion Breweries   beer....Barrels of them ..filmed in the South Island high country.....with the horses pulling this wagon up hill and down dale ..across rivers etc ...in the desperate attempt  slake the thirsts  of the peasants....

@ray54  had a great idea for when the electric vehicle finally ''shorts out''on a  current topic....this is for his idea to keep the tucker moving across the great USA...:) from West to East 

The wagon and team of draft horse's were based in a small town about 20 miles from where I live..They were a popular attraction at Agricultural and  Pastoral shows

Mike

IMG_2283.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The green mile or tunnel of love in Klevan, Rivne, Ukraine.

Mike

Green_Mile_Tunnel_with_train.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/14/2022 at 12:13 AM, sandhiller said:

7cef42f47090ed5a9f1c744e8a1da863.jpg.d153e0ebfa570ebeb09467901be12dee.jpg

I've been digging through pictures & this one reminded me of the one you posted. Not sure that they are the same barrel.

Mike

Large Gun At LAUPT.png

• Like 1

Ok.... few more for everyone, while I'm in my neat pics folder.

Mike

Jeezuschrist Cat!!.png

Fire Cat.jpg

librairie-memoires-zeiss-lens-beetle-fly-scorpio-outdoor-197353-adeevee.jpg

chryslerhemiairraidsiren-1.jpg

Chicago_River_from_Lake_Street_bridge.jpg

American_Tobacco_skyline_01Durham.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Didn't notice until after the fact that the cat going down the firepole pic still had the watermark on it from the seller. Here's the scan of the original & the accompanying description.

Mike

IMG_20221118_0002.jpg

IMG_20221118_0003.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

...some may disagree...but being a great ''track  bloke''...I thought this was awesome...an Agricultural spec'ed    D5 emerging from the dust in Northen Idaho....pulling  Killifer discs  circa     1972 ... There were five  D5 tractors in this vast paddock

Mike

Untitled (2) (25).jpg

• Like 8

...and you may well think this is equally    ''un-awesome''  as it probably is...but...this was my second trip to the US of A ,,circa 1977...and this is the three year old Mercury Marquis  that we brought in LA  ...for $US  1000.00    It did over 10, 000  miles and we sold it for  $1000.00   after buying one new tyre   and a couple of oil changes..plus a ''blinker switch assembly  which cost $22.00 from the Lincoln Mercury dealer

It was a wonderful six weeks   wandering around the Western  States , from Arizona up to Montana

It was bloody awesome...when America  was    AMERICA.....the real deal....not the plastic version it is becoming today

Four of us went on that trip....two couples ..both of the wives from that era are long gone ,,,both to the dreaded C

Mike

Untitled (2) (144).jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, hardtail said:

Looks like someone has become proficient in the slide converter, hope lots more awesome pics ahead ♥️

...yes Lance...and it rained all day here...no seed drilling !!!...so lets have a play with the new ''device''

Mike

• Like 2