Wonder if this driver still has a job.

Let me know when that driver gets back here... Its lights out for him!

• Haha 1

Still got a job..............but this months' electric bill is gonna be a killer!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

• Haha 1

My question is ," does he still have a heart beat"?

• Like 1

About 15 years ago a big transmission line went down for 30 miles. It was a 5 wire thing. 3 bottom live wires on double wood poles and two ground and tension wires on top. A tornado or wind event broke a pole set about 6 miles from substation tie in. It snapped every pole both ways a more than 30 mile stretch broke everything until next substation .

• Sad 1

Had a couple episodes like that  back in my working days but not quite as severe. I had a delivery to a typewriter shop (that tells you how long ago) in a little town of about 400 people. It was in the winter and the wide spot I usually turned around in was piled up with snow so I figured I would just go around the block. I was looking in the mirror and saw a couple cable lines dancing in the air. Looked out the right side mirror and saw a piece of siding dancing in the air with a wire. Think I got ten or twelve lines. Figured that was going to be the end of my driving carrier.Got back to the larger town and called dispatch to tell them what  happened. Terminal manager got on the phone and when I told him what happened all he said was "He77 with  them ,those lines are supposed to be fourteen feet above the road surface." Another time I delivered a TV in a residential area that was mail ordered. From the time I arrived the lady was giving me a raft of s##t. Every thing from being late to not hooking up the TV. When I left the trailer caught her cable line and brought it down. My first experience with karma.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

What was he dumping, air?

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Doug in NY said:

I have a hard time believing that truck did that damage.

Well you had better believe it, because he did it. Happened in Henrietta NY, just down the road aways from me. If I remember correctly he sat in his truck for quite some time until he could safely get out. Total count was 15 poles on the ground and they weren't the small ones either. Indicator light for a raised box was faulty.

https://13wham.com/news/local/dump-truck-trapped-under-downed-utility-poles-power-lines-in-henrietta

• Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

What was he dumping, air?

More then one person has left the box up after load was dumped . 

I’m guilty of this in an off road haul truck back in my surface mining days.  Hit the lever into the detent to lower and took off. Lever must have popped back to the hold position When I swung in to get loaded the Guy in the hoe just shook his head.  Sure felt lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut at the safety meeting the next morning.......

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kevinj said:

That is no excuse. A simple standard mirror check would have seen the box up.

And prolly a lot of light thru the rear window!!

Absolutely. When I was in one everyday I was constantly checking. No indicator light on mine. No way I would trust it anyway. 

• Like 3