Anybody have any experience with a 2001 Jetta diesel? We have one and the mechanic said the fuel pump is messed up. He hasn't had much luck finding anywhere to fix it. Rebuilt ones on eBay range from 500 to 2000!!! I'm just not sure on the quality of most of those. I would rather have ours fixed if we can find a place to do it. Anybody have any suggestions?

We owned a 2001 beetle tdi awhile ago and ran into the same problem. I ended up selling the car as it had 400k on it and had other problems too. A good resource is the tdi forum. Join there and ask the same questions and I’m sure someone will give you options. 

16 minutes ago, NY1468 said:

We owned a 2001 beetle tdi awhile ago and ran into the same problem. I ended up selling the car as it had 400k on it and had other problems too. A good resource is the tdi forum. Join there and ask the same questions and I’m sure someone will give you options. 

u can buy entire used cars with a good running tdi in them for that kidn of money, my neighbor just purchased a running tdi = 95 or 6 i think, jetta - it needs front end work and he gave 600 bucks for it

Depending on how desperate you get, there's a place up here that specializes in VW, Audi, etc.I can get you their number if you'd like they might be able to help