311 plow - photos added

I just bought a 3 x14 311 plow. I will use it with my 460U to plow about 5 acres for food plots. The plow has no grease fittings on the coulters It does have domed caps which I guess are to hold grease for the coulter bearings. One of the caps is rusted through and needs to be replaced. Where do you find this part and what is the part number? Is there a parts book available for these plow? 

Thanks for your help.

Chris

I hope these photos help. I will need to change a mouldboard eventually, which one do I need? Any idea as to the vintage? Anything special about setting it up to plow?

Thanks

Chris

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

Get yourself a copy of the International PO-9 parts catalog.  Either eBay or Mike Becker, the Paper Farmer, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729, 715/726-1942 will be your friend.  That book is separated by plow model with the 211 and the 311 in the same listing.  They are essentially the same plow, 2 bottom vs. 3 bottom.  That book shows several different coulters, from yoke to single arm to heavy duty single arm to a disc coulter jointer combination.  Mike at Duffield Equipment in Williamsport, MD, 717/552-1951 should be able to answer your questions and supply your needs.  Attached are pictures of a 211 plow with the yoke style coulters and separate jointers.  Hope this helps. 

P1010004 (3).JPG

P1010005 (3).JPG

• Like 1
2 hours ago, needhelp said:

I just bought a 3 x14 311 plow. I will use it with my 460U to plow about 5 acres for food plots. The plow has no grease fittings on the coulters It does have domed caps which I guess are to hold grease for the coulter bearings. One of the caps is rusted through and needs to be replaced. Where do you find this part and what is the part number? Is there a parts book available for these plow? 

Thanks for your help.

Chris

the colters shown in the PO9 for the 311either have a grease fitting in the housings on each side of the blade, like in Wes's pictures, or have sealed bearing assemblies, as the heavy duty choice. all the sealed units have the same hub cap. 518842R1 is the part number. it doesn't come up on Messick's site as available. I would try NAPA, with the diameter of the hub as a guide.

WESnIL and ny bill o, thank you so much for the replies. My plow sure will not ever look that nice! What a great job! I will pull the cap off and measure it. Hopefully I can get a replacement. Thanks for the part number. When it stops raining, I'll take some pictures and attach.

Chris

• Like 1