88 SERIES FLOW DIVIDER

twp460

Anyone know the correct placement of the shims in flow divider valve.  When I disassembled mine the shims where stacked on pin(11) between the head of pin and spring.  The parts diagram shows the shims on the outside of pin head and the plug.  Which is the correct location.  Also, those shim are $22 from dealer.  Is there something special about these, or can an equivalent flat washer be used.

Thanks

FLOW VALVE.PNG

There was a change in the valve from early to later 88s.  The shim placement changed, that is the discrepancy you noticed. They need to be the correct parts, washers wont seal tight and oil will leak by, therefore not helping your regulated pressure go up.

5 hours ago, twp460 said:

Also, those shim are $22 from dealer.  Is there something special about these, or can an equivalent flat washer be used.

They are a specific thickness, so no, not really.  You need the correct ones. 

I did mine a few years back. If you have a good hardware store they will probably have them. I used a good flat washer or two. Like J-Mech said you should  be able to match them at a hardware store; take the ones you have with you to get a good match. TS also sell machine bushings that might match. You might have to buy a pack that has more than you need in other sizes but you can add those to your nut, bolt, and washer pile like the rest of us.

Archived