What’s close to IH blue implement paint

I’m sure it has been discussed on here a lot, but I need some help. Is there a rustolem rattle can paint that is close to the blue I would need to paint an IH disc plow? If not, what other paints are close?

Thanks, Brody

FABCDD05-A863-46A5-A619-3017198BF09F.jpeg

I’ll check with the paint store where we got all the IH red for the tractor and see if they carry an IH blue. 

With the white on the 240 I used rustolem canvas white because we couldn’t get a specific IH white. I didn’t know if blue would be like that or not. 

Thanks

Ace Rust Stop International Blue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Alright thanks everyone. I didn’t know if IH blue was still readily available it not. Glad it is, I’ll try and track down some IH blue rattle cans around here. 

I believe I have found a blue rattle can that will work for the plow.

Next question, which pieces are supposed to be painted blue? I believe this is a c200 disc plow. I’ve only seen a few pictures of this plow painted online. I believe the disk scrapers and most of the tail wheel is blue. What else? 

If anyone has a pic of a painted plow like mine, that would be greatly appreciated.

233EAD73-B8A5-4D1A-A67A-ADCF82C97023.jpeg

Thank you very much WESnIL! That is a great looking plow. I found the second pic you posted in a google search but wondered what the back of the plow looked like.
Thanks again, Brody 

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2020 at 6:20 PM, WESnIL said:

Here are two pictures how I painted mine.

Here is how my plow turned out. 

9B833FB6-91E4-4F65-9216-559417697E97.jpeg

C21FB194-EE7D-46EF-B612-3FB9ECCF9785.jpeg

DF0F28F1-EFCF-4E4A-9F67-A6EB234DB1B1.jpeg

• Like 5

…….our HM  150   plough...painted ….''for better or worse "  !!……..apart from the actual discs......that is how it appeared to have been painted......

….yours looks good ..

Mike

post-157-1156839907  hm140fm.jpg

• Like 1

….a bit more blue (!!)...our two "M"''s with a #8 3furrow plough and the HM150 previously shown...not close up enough, but the over all effect looks ok

Mike

post-157-1233482097.jpg

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Maynard said:

Now lets see it at work.

If you insist. 

Just playing in a little dirt at a construction site near our house. 

B76E5CDC-0801-4357-8A54-00F2CF3F48B5.jpeg

35D697C3-4064-49F5-A216-CC6F86B6CB13.jpeg

1269F19A-C63A-429A-B06F-AAD97236D3B2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, WESnIL said:

So, what did you end up using for paint?

Rustolem professional cobalt blue.

Is there any way you can tell me the diameter of your tail wheel disc? Mine is very worn down and I’m wanting to replace it 

17 3/4 inch diameter on my single point and 18 1/2 inch diameter on the one for the Super C tractor.  Was your Rustoleum rattle can or quart?  It looks good.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, WESnIL said:

Was your Rustoleum rattle can or quart?  It looks good.

Rattle can. Rustolem cans are widely available in stores near me. There aren’t any ace hardwares near me. I painted the 240 with rustolem professional international red, rustolem canvas white and some gloss black, all rattle cans. 

Thanks for the dimensions, I plan to buy a plow coulter and drill the holes to fit the tail wheel. Unless you know of a place to buy the right tail wheel blade.

To my knowledge that tail wheel blade is not available.  You may need machine shop to drill the holes/  That is not mild steel.   And take along your old tail wheel for a pattern.

• Like 1