We have turbo problems on a solar, i tried to call MJM Auto parts, phone is disconnected, they rebuilt one for me a few years ago, does anyone know if someone else took over the business or is there another shop that would rebuild a solar.                                                        Next option is there a kit available to put a air research or Switzer turbo on with the spacer. Thanks Steve

Theres a place down in ohio that rebuilds fuel pumps for pulling semi trucks, Columbus diesel is the name they go by.. Worth a phone call to see who they know in the turbo business.....Michigan turbo up here in the wolverine carries all sizes and specs also.

The only one that i know will touch a Solar is Central Plains Diesel in LeMars IA. 

Yes you could convert it to a 3LD schwitzer. You will need the spacer, turbo, crossover tube and adapter sleeve between turbo and elbow. Whatever you do dont turn in the Solar for a "Core".

If your interested in selling the Solar outright, PM me. 

I've been selling the S200's for a few years now, and when I saw Fair Valley's kit I was really happy to see it! Those S200's are awesome little turbos!

2 hours ago, Injpumped said:

I've been selling the S200's for a few years now, and when I saw Fair Valley's kit I was really happy to see it! Those S200's are awesome little turbos!

What difference in them to a s2e I put a s2e on a 1206 lost some bottom end needs a smaller exhaust housing I think only 22 pounds boost where my 12 with solar makes 34 

20 hours ago, Nebraska1206 said:

You might also check out Fair Valley Performance, they just made a new turbo conversion kit for 361/407 engines.

That's gona be awesome and save guys like us lots of time and labor ,Saw it on FB the other day

19 hours ago, Thesd5488 said:

What difference in them to a s2e I put a s2e on a 1206 lost some bottom end needs a smaller exhaust housing I think only 22 pounds boost where my 12 with solar makes 34 

It's a completely different turbo than an S2E. The S200 is a modern design with MAP groove, and they make some noise lol! I have one on my 7040 I pull farm classes that is about 300+hp. Sounds like it's possessed going down the track lol!

I have a couple of Solar chargers on the shelf here.   Came off of running engines.  I sent one to a company called ADP in Canada.  They took one look and sent it back to me.    Now they just collect dust.