Interesting new Dressta dozer

Interesting they kept the Dressta badging but will probably sell better then one with Liugong on it. Actually there is a lot of IH in this, Dressta(can't remember what it was called back then) made most of the components starting with the B series, when Dressta went out on their own suffered serious quality control problems. It's good to see the TD's back but from what I'm hearing from the expo, they are struggling getting the full line up and in production.    

20 hours ago, pede said:

Interesting they kept the Dressta badging but will probably sell better then one with Liugong on it. Actually there is a lot of IH in this, Dressta(can't remember what it was called back then) made most of the components starting with the B series, when Dressta went out on their own suffered serious quality control problems. It's good to see the TD's back but from what I'm hearing from the expo, they are struggling getting the full line up and in production.    

We got some Chinese clone Komatsus here for a while.  One comment I heard was

"How do you make a dozer out of one?  Lift the radiator cap and run a Komatsu under it"

Just sayin'

LOL....that's a good one!  Liugong bought Dressta as they needed a dozer line to go along with the rest of their equipment, this included all that was left of IH, everything was moved out of Chicago and put in a warehouse in Texas and there it sits. Best guess why they left the Dressta badge is to gain a dealer network for the US, same reason Komtasu dumped money into Dresser.   

Is it me.....but a 20ton dozer with a 6 way just asking for trouble.  komatsu-d61pxi-23-working-shot_10964123.png.8712beab0c06045a641b2777b9c4b8ca.png 

Looks kinda familiar...

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

For what its worth. My family has been an International harvester/Dresser/Komatsu Dresser/Dressta/Liugong Dressta dealer since 1947. IH made a joint venture with a company in 1973 called HSW in Poland ??. They built and sold IH machines for Eastern Europe and the Middle east. 1980’s breakup of IHC ?/ truck division sold to Navistar/ AG division sold to Case/ Construction division sold to Dresser/next Dresser and Komatsu made a joint venture in the late 80’s/ starting around 1990 all Dresser machine production moved to Poland/ new polish company name Dressta = Dresser + Huta Stalowa Wola (HSW) Dres-sta. /Next Dresser sold to Komatsu /next Komatsu sold back Dressta products to Polish company Dressta/next Dressta sold to Liugong/ New company name LDM (Liugong Dressta machinery)for Europe and LGNA for north america. 
machines are built in the same plant they were in the 1990’s  That’s the short version.  Hope it Helps !!!Make Dressta Great Again!!!

I love it !!!    Would drive the paint off of that sweetheart ,  

Dressta manufacturing video , They actually mention IH lineage !

https://youtu.be/qAeKLR6ytus

4 hours ago, Dressta1 said:

For what its worth. My family has been an International harvester/Dresser/Komatsu Dresser/Dressta/Liugong Dressta dealer since 1947. IH made a joint venture with a company in 1973 called HSW in Poland ??. They built and sold IH machines for Eastern Europe and the Middle east. 1980’s breakup of IHC ?/ truck division sold to Navistar/ AG division sold to Case/ Construction division sold to Dresser/next Dresser and Komatsu made a joint venture in the late 80’s/ starting around 1990 all Dresser machine production moved to Poland/ new polish company name Dressta = Dresser + Huta Stalowa Wola (HSW) Dres-sta. /Next Dresser sold to Komatsu /next Komatsu sold back Dressta products to Polish company Dressta/next Dressta sold to Liugong/ New company name LDM (Liugong Dressta machinery)for Europe and LGNA for north america. 
machines are built in the same plant they were in the 1990’s  That’s the short version.  Hope it Helps !!!Make Dressta Great Again!!!

so this means you can supply parts..................................................................with out the national debt?

Thanks for posting, very interesting. They must sell around the world, not a lot of them in the U.S. at least not in my part of the country. I do have a Dresser TD-9H that I like,

DWF

Not many of the long time IH dealers stuck with Dressta, 2 big ones around me(RMS/Roland) did at least for a while but quality control and support wavered during that time, once LiuGong took over support went completely away.  

5 hours ago, pede said:

Not many of the long time IH dealers stuck with Dressta, 2 big ones around me(RMS/Roland) did at least for a while but quality control and support wavered during that time, once LiuGong took over support went completely away.  

...why am I not surprised . !!!

...you made a good point re that  6way  on a twenty  ton machine......start rooting into a large  tree stump...or cutting a rocky face....and the bloody blade is now to narrow to start serious roading , anyway......very handy on a subdivision site, though..

Mike

A local bloke here had a sign up saying he had a LiuGong agency but I never heard that he sold any.

At one stage we got some made in China Komatsus here.  A comment I heard on them was

"How do you make a dozer out of one of those?  Lift the radiator cap and run a Komatsu under it".

• Haha 1

Mike, my take is a 20 ton dozer is meant to hog dirt, not finesse it. 

On 2/5/2021 at 6:44 AM, Ian Beale said:

A local bloke here had a sign up saying he had a LiuGong agency but I never heard that he sold any.

At one stage we got some made in China Komatsus here.  A comment I heard on them was

"How do you make a dozer out of one of those?  Lift the radiator cap and run a Komatsu under it".

There is Chinese money in the expansion that is Ord River 2

https://thewest.com.au/news/australia/china-group-in-ord-river-buy-bid-ng-ya-381795

Seems they started with Chinese machinery and now have the Case IH dealership

On 4/24/2020 at 9:07 PM, farmalldr said:

Still has some signs of IHC there.  Track frame for  one.

Definitely looks like TD-15C and above track frames. Even the pivot shaft looks identical. 

On 2/1/2021 at 7:45 PM, Dressta1 said:

Where are you from?

FWIW, Komatsu ruined what Dresser didn't already. They took what they wanted and sold the rest off. What a shame. 

Dressta, unfortunately, is pretty much dead in the US. No dealers around anymore and parts for the older machines are slim to none and if you do find parts they are so crazy priced it makes people just scrap them and get something else that has parts and service support.... it's too bad.