19 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

I shot a mag for years and just love it.

I have looked at the Ruger's in .22.

Get the threaded barrel just in case you want quiet in the future.

You ever price one of those?? Holy Hannah 

5 hours ago, Dasnake said:

Isn't the henry a beauty, with the simmons 3x9 on top I love also.

It is a lovely rifle. As I said, its served me quite well the past few years. 

Mac

I keep a Marlin in 22 Mag at the farm.  Don't have to have muffs on for a shot or two and works well on varmints.  Nikon 3-9 pro staff works well on it. 

IMAG5016.jpg

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Good enough for a Boone and Crockett whistle pig 😁

227E2685-B78D-4BF0-A36A-9594E6A20B8C.jpeg

What model S&A is that? What caliber? I wanted a model 34 kit gun for years, but even now they are pricey. I picked up a 617 the other year, 3" in 22LR, nice little hip gun for hiking etc., I would love a 22 MAG revolver.

I have a Winchester 94-22 in 22MAG with a peep site, another nice little tool.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, CC_Ranger said:

What model S&A is that? What caliber? I wanted a model 34 kit gun for years, but even now they are pricey. I picked up a 617 the other year, 3" in 22LR, nice little hip gun for hiking etc., I would love a 22 MAG revolver.

I have a Winchester 94-22 in 22MAG with a peep site, another nice little tool.

That is a S&W model 51 which is 22mag only. I have a model 34 and a pre-model 34 in .22LR.  

Counter clockwise below 317 (8 shot air weight .22LR 3” J-frame) pre-34 from the late 1940’s (.22LR 4” I-frame), model 34 (.22LR 4” I-frame late 1950’s), 351PD (22mag air weight 7 shot 1-7/8” J-frame), Model 51 (22mag, 4” J-frame square butt 1970’s vintage, pachmyer grips)

644A6BF4-F8E2-4EBE-AA30-889C010B06CD.jpeg

I don’t mean to lean too far off topic. .22 revolvers have long been my favorite. I am also very partial to S&W. I looked for the 51 for 3-4 years. I have the box and papers that came with it new. It was nearly new in the box. I have some others but the pre-34 goes with me a lot in the woods or trapping.  It is more accurate than anyone shooting it by far. I have large hands and for some reason I just love the little I and J frame .22’s even though they have small grips. There are Rugers and A Dan Wesson sitting there also that shoot very well but they don’t feel like a S&W.  

edit: the 94/22 mag is a nice gun. I have looked at them for years but never owned one. I have been on a search for a Marlin 1894M which is a .22mag lever gun since 2012. They aren’t that special or rare, you just don’t see them around here to buy. 

6 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

That is a S&W model 51 which is 22mag only. I have a model 34 and a pre-model 34 in .22LR.  

Counter clockwise below 317 (8 shot air weight .22LR 3” J-frame) pre-34 from the late 1940’s (.22LR 4” I-frame), model 34 (.22LR 4” I-frame late 1950’s), 351PD (22mag air weight 7 shot 1-7/8” J-frame), Model 51 (22mag, 4” J-frame square butt 1970’s vintage, pachmyer grips)

644A6BF4-F8E2-4EBE-AA30-889C010B06CD.jpeg

I don’t mean to lean too far off topic. .22 revolvers have long been my favorite. I am also very partial to S&W. I looked for the 51 for 3-4 years. I have the box and papers that came with it new. It was nearly new in the box. I have some others but the pre-34 goes with me a lot in the woods or trapping.  It is more accurate than anyone shooting it by far. I have large hands and for some reason I just love the little I and J frame .22’s even though they have small grips. There are Rugers and A Dan Wesson sitting there also that shoot very well but they don’t feel like a S&W.  

edit: the 94/22 mag is a nice gun. I have looked at them for years but never owned one. I have been on a search for a Marlin 1894M which is a .22mag lever gun since 2012. They aren’t that special or rare, you just don’t see them around here to buy. 

nice collection there! I am with you on the 22 revolver deal, I love em, can't get enough of em! there are several around, including my dads H+R 9 shot DA revolver which got worn out, and I managed to find parts for from numerich gun parts, its one of those things that isn't really special to anyone else, but something my dad ordered from a magazine when he was very young and it holds much sentiment for me. one of these days I will get me a Ruger single six convertible in stainless to accompany my grandfathers one in blue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

nice collection there! I am with you on the 22 revolver deal, I love em, can't get enough of em! there are several around, including my dads H+R 9 shot DA revolver which got worn out, and I managed to find parts for from numerich gun parts, its one of those things that isn't really special to anyone else, but something my dad ordered from a magazine when he was very young and it holds much sentiment for me. one of these days I will get me a Ruger single six convertible in stainless to accompany my grandfathers one in blue. 

My first pistol was a 6” Single Six fixed sight stainless convertible. Had it since I was 16.  Still there ready to roll

• Like 1

How about a S&W 586 on top and a Dan Wesson .22LR on bottom?  The Dan Wesson doesn’t move when it goes off. It has a 6” barrel with full lug bottom and ribbed top.  Made on identical frame as the DW .357’s of the era. 

A7C8EAA7-85CB-4BB6-A9E1-B1C425C7767F.jpeg

On 4/24/2020 at 4:59 PM, vtfireman85 said:

You ever price one of those?? Holy Hannah 

If buying the Ruger American, only about $10 more.

1 minute ago, Diesel Doctor said:

If buying the Ruger American, only about $10 more.

the silencer

10 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

the silencer

Who buys them? Make your own!

2 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Who buys them? Make your own!

I’m listening 

7 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I’m listening 

So is the ATF :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, B.B. said:

So is the ATF :)

😂😂😂 it is a solvent trap, I am extremely environmentally conscious 

• Haha 4
On 4/24/2020 at 8:35 AM, Rick G. said:

Yeah but can you get ammo? By next year and after the election, ammo may become a thing of the past if the wrong candidate gets elected. 

I’m not worried about that too much , 

so far unless they come up with someone else to run  against Donald he will be a shoe-in. 

Sleepy creepy Jo wont even remember he is running by then . 

On 4/24/2020 at 9:33 AM, vtfireman85 said:

Grab a gun has them for 307, I think MSRP is 349, that has iron sights. It’s a bolt action with a 10/22 style rotary clip. I really wanted to try a savage as I like savages, but I cannot get past that hideous little box mag hanging out of them like some sort of reproductive organ. 

Bought my son a Savage 22 mag. It shoots scarily well. 

• Like 1

I agree, very accurate 😁. This was a stock Ruger 10/22 magnum

F278E839-3446-4E0B-9E0D-E0411109754A.jpeg

• Like 2

I have a Ruger stainless 77/22 in 22 mag riding in my truck right now.  Short and light. Plastic stock  I have a 4 power Nikon on it.  Pretty tough truck gun.  I also have a CZ 17HMR that is a goof groundhog gun as well.

• Like 2
On 4/26/2020 at 7:51 AM, vtfireman85 said:

I’m listening 

You Tube silencer?