sandhiller

Boss's sense of humor

Who is your boss by now? Chad, Randy Ron, or someone else?  All 3 of them have a good sense of humor. 

1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

Who is your boss by now? Chad, Randy Ron, or someone else?  All 3 of them have a good sense of humor. 

Ron retired and sold the Cody station to Chad and the Merriman station to Randy.

I drive Chad's transport. Randy hires us to haul in his fuel like he would any other carrier.

You are right, all three of 'em can crack me up at any time. Great bunch of guys and I am very fortunate to be associated with them.😃

• Like 1

Hey sand how far ru from deadwood? From rapid city? From devils tower? I track the cams in those places and the weather looks decent. The tower cam is cool because the tower road is closed and you can watch the wildlife roam.

7 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Hey sand how far ru from deadwood? From rapid city? From devils tower? I track the cams in those places and the weather looks decent. The tower cam is cool because the tower road is closed and you can watch the wildlife roam.

Bout three hours from Rapid. 

From the grasslands to the badlands to the Black Hills, SD is a very scenic state. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Bout three hours from Rapid. 

From the grasslands to the badlands to the Black Hills, SD is a very scenic state. 

Ya we love it there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Ya we love it there.

My wife’s friend from college had a house rental in the black hills. Room for 20 3000 for 4th of July weekend

We could do that here but the line of mostly kangaroos might get boring

Response from  friend to that idea

"I'd need a bigger door"

• Haha 2

Sandhiller’s other topic today about trucking reminded me of this one… I wanted to respond to this one back then but I didn’t have the time. 

If I was putting signs on the door of my truck of things that I ran over one of them would be my mother on the lawn tractor! 😱

About 10 or 11 years ago my mother was mowing the lawn, and I came along with my truck and dump trailer and parked it then went for lunch. When I was going back to the truck I spoke to my mother for a couple of minutes and told her I was heading off to the field to combine barley.

Just as I was getting into the truck my phone rang, I talked on the phone for five minutes or so and as I was talking I could hear the lawn tractor running close by, when I got off the phone I started the truck and started backing up the trailer across the laneway, there was a cornfield on my right so as I was backing up I was really watching my mirrors on both sides to make sure that nobody came driving in the laneway as I was backing the trailer across it. 

After backing up maybe 10 feet I see in my left mirror what looks like the front tire of the lawn tractor being pushed by my rear trailer tire!  I am sure my eyes were popping out of my head 😳 so I stopped and pulled forward and out from behind the trailer drives my mother on the tractor, I get out of the truck and ask her what she was doing there?  When I first park the truck there I looked around to see that all the grass was cut because I didn’t want to be parked in her way, she said that she had left the mail on her decorative binder wheel, so she parked the lawn tractor directly behind the trailer and grabbed the mail, as she was getting back on the tractor I started to back up so she hurried up and started the tractor and tried to drive away as I was pushing her sideways!  There was absolutely no damage to the lawn tractor or my mother other than being a little shaken up! 

Every once in a while we would laugh about that story, she was always proud to tell people that she was able to mow the lawn up until she was 86  

RIP mother, she passed in February and we just buried her last week. 

Here is a picture of her mowing the lawn from a few years ago, and a picture of my dump trailer to give you an idea of what it looks like. 

C8B65C68-B1BD-4706-9363-555F9ED5DB7B.jpeg

821DEC10-FB72-40D0-9394-2D47763EE4DF.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

RIP mother, she passed in February and we just buried her last week.

My sympathies to your and your family on the passing of your mother. Sounds like she was quite a lady.

And wow, just wow, the good Lord was definitely watching out for your mother (and you) on that day. 

I think we have all had close calls but that one sends shivers. 

I would have had to sit down for quite a while and settle my nerves and give thanks for an intervening hand. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sandhiller said:

My sympathies to your and your family on the passing of your mother. Sounds like she was quite a lady.

And wow, just wow, the good Lord was definitely watching out for your mother (and you) on that day. 

I think we have all had close calls but that one sends shivers. 

I would have had to sit down for quite a while and settle my nerves and give thanks for an intervening hand. 

Thank you for your condolences!

She was quite the tough woman, she had eight kids and I was the hardest one on her! LOL she outlived her seven brothers and sisters and she was the one who had the toughest life!

Although the hardest thing she had to deal with in her life for the past 35+ years was her rheumatoid arthritis, she had to get three hip replacements knee replacement shoulder replacement and had work done on her wrists.it’s amazing how that disease can debilitate the joints, we were constantly modifying the house so she could continue to be self-sufficient. Things like not being able to open a door knob so they had to be changed to handles,even her car she could not turn the key to the start position so we installed a remote starter so she could start the car that way and then just put the key in ignition and turn it to the on position.

I would always tease her about stuff,  after the lawn tractor versus the dump trailer incident I told her that she was so lucky not even the devil wanted her! So we were stuck with her for a while yet! LOL 
 She loved life, her kids, grandkids and great grandkids, she also loves to socialize with the friendship group twice a week and go out and dance on Friday and Saturday nights every chance she got!

my apologies for hijacking your topic, and long winded reply.

Dale

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

my apologies for hijacking your topic, and long winded reply.

Thank you for telling us about your mom. 

That is the best post in this thread by far!😀

• Thanks 1

Qc thank you for telling us about your mother. Sounds like the kind of person the world could use a lot more of.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

Although the hardest thing she had to deal with in her life for the past 35+ years was her rheumatoid arthritis, she had to get three hip replacements knee replacement shoulder replacement and had work done on her wrists.it’s amazing how that disease can debilitate the joints, we were constantly modifying the house so she could continue to be self-sufficient. Things like not being able to open a door knob so they had to be changed to handles,even her car she could not turn the key to the start position so we installed a remote starter so she could start the car that way and then just put the key in ignition and turn it to the on position.

Totally get that. My Grandma Reichow lived with Rheumatoid Arthritis for 46 years. Diagnosed in 1972 and passed in August 2018. 3 knee replacements and numerous drug cocktails which played **** on her stomach. 

• Like 2

If he'd included bugs kilt your rig would have three layers of decals over one layer of paint.

• Haha 1

Pulled up beside my grandma today on 83😁

1592224672198.thumb.png.90308481087bd6e7bea197b31f3f5b47.png

• Haha 5

On 5/18/2020 at 7:29 PM, Reichow7120 said:

Totally get that. My Grandma Reichow lived with Rheumatoid Arthritis for 46 years. Diagnosed in 1972 and passed in August 2018. 3 knee replacements and numerous drug cocktails which played **** on her stomach. 

Started the RA about ten years ago, had the arthritic knees replaced 20 years ago, arthritic shoulder 15 years ago, ankle and hip are both going south, wrists both look swollen all time, bitchen time working on stuff because the hands seize up, but ya know what? I don't care, I get up every morning and I don't have any health ailments so i figure I'm pretty darn lucky where I am, and the big thing is your dealt a hand and ya gotta play what ya got, so I make the best of it all, I got lots of guys around me lots worse off than me and younger also so be it, other than the abovementioned ailments I'm living the dream, you guys all enjoy it also.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 7:49 PM, Atilathehun99 said:

If he'd included bugs kilt your rig would have three layers of decals over one layer of paint.

Ya wanna see bugs kilt, this is my gurl and her hubby going to Calgary, look at the road, it’s dry, those are dead bugs.

4B2C0208-38D3-4172-AC39-A9AB929489BA.jpeg