3120 Backhoe slow swing

KAMacht

I have an International 3500A with a 3120 backhoe. All of the hydraulics work normally and are strong except for the backhoe swing. It moves very slowly and stops when it encounters even the slightest bit of resistance. This backhoe is a 2 stick version and has the two large cans that move it side to side. I was thinking about pulling the cans and replacing the seals but can only find the o rings online and not the square seal. Is there anything else I should be checking before firing the parts cannon?  Anybody have a source for the square seals (pn 544821r1)

Keith

I see where some say a company named Baum is a hydraulic place that has a lot of items. I've never used them, but others say it's a good place.

DWF

I would check the pressure in the swing circuit,    While it is possible to have bad piston seals (broken disintegrated )

What happens if you tilt the machine and lift bucket off the ground , will the boom swing by itself ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check the valves on teh end of the swing cans if they are not sealing it will do that also that style has a valve in the middle of the control valve between the hoses going to the swing that would go bad. To get that valve out you have a snap ring on the outside between the hoses and also have to pull the long bolt that bolts the valve sections together.