560D rpms

KyleM

I'm looking to get a few more rpms out of my 560. It'll do 2100 now. I know the 660 was rated for 80 hp @ 2400. Whats the easiest way to achieve this? I'm only going to pull with it. Engine has low hours on overhaul and head checked out ok.

• Like 1

i was thinking they turned around 2500ish on the combine model? maybe more - not sure about the 3000 other than for pulling - i wouldnt make that a daily driver ?

I had mine turning around 2300 no load it ran great but but not very torquey at low rpms

Best thing you can do to help a 560 diesel make more power, is to take out the D282 and put in a D466, the only engine that CIH offers as a factory replacement engine for a 560 diesel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-Mech said:

Best thing you can do to help a 560 diesel make more power, is to take out the D282 and put in a D466, the only engine that CIH offers as a factory replacement engine for a 560 diesel.

well dang aint that cool.........didnt know that and yes take out the D282 is not a bad idea, I didnt care a lot for mine - i know a lot of folks have made a living with them as primary tractors so they arent to be denied their place but I got frustrated with mine for sure and turned them loose. 

very fuel efficient and smooth sounding/running when working good. I think as a mowing and raking tractor, auger tractor, parade tractor they would last a long time. 

Just rebuilt the 282 in my own 656 and turned the high idle up in it to 2400.  Never understood why it was so low from factory, such a short stroke engine it certainly wont hurt.    Really helps the road speed on it.  

1 hour ago, J-Mech said:

So much hate for 282's, and ill agree for heavy work they are overmatched.  Sure cant beat them for fuel consumption on chore work though.  Ours lives on the rake during the summer, and the grinder mixer for winter 

• Like 1

The 660 was rated for 2400 full load, high idle no load is 2600-2650 if I remember right. As mentioned above, just back out the high idle stop screw on the pump some. If she blows, she blows! They were rated at 1800 full load in the 560 simply to acheive the desired hp, and fuel economy, as well as longevity. In those days tractor engines turning more then 2000 was kinda unheard of too. lol!

1 hour ago, Injpumped said:

The 660 was rated for 2400 full load, high idle no load is 2600-2650 if I remember right. As mentioned above, just back out the high idle stop screw on the pump some. If she blows, she blows! They were rated at 1800 full load in the 560 simply to acheive the desired hp, and fuel economy, as well as longevity. In those days tractor engines turning more then 2000 was kinda unheard of too. lol!

no kidding, my jd WOT is 900 rpm?

• Haha 1

Have to remember.  The tractors that came factory set at 2600 rpm no load or even 2800 no load that all the other components were geared for that rpm.  Just turning the hydraulic pump 50 per cent over rated can and does cause other problems. 

Pull it down the track for a couple minutes, no big deal.  Out in the field is a whole different deal. Local guy just took the high idle screw out of his turbo charged 560 and pulled the lever with a rope for the pull.  Still ended up with the sleeve in the oil pan. 

• Haha 1