RPRU 2020 Postponed - Not Cancelled

Diesel Doctor

with regrets, we are not coming. just too many obstacles to deal with.

on the good news (for someone else) side, we just cancelled a room at the Huron Crossroads Hotel for Aug 8, 9, and 10, if anyone needs a room close by.

• Sad 3

I would still really like to participate, cause I found some more goodies for the 1456 yesterday!!! But being grain prices were so bad this spring, and we had no hauling, I knew we were going to get backed up by July! Well a little price increase a week ago, and the phone was on fire!! My best guess is around 100, maybe more loads of grain to move for our customers, plus some more of mine, and fertilizer to haul back to the local coop until August, September depending on how much they keep getting!! So I’m not sure just yet what is in store for me? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nebraska Cowman said:

Great things shaping up. And I have 3 weeks of thresher show in the meantime. 

It was great to talk with you yesterday Howard!  Thanks for making the trip to MN to Randy VanWhye’s.   

Now I just need to find a place to stay in Huron.   

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nate said:

It was great to talk with you yesterday Howard!  Thanks for making the trip to MN to Randy VanWhye’s.   

Now I just need to find a place to stay in Huron.   

ny bill o just posted above that he canceled his room.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 1:52 PM, brewcrew said:

If you’re touring Mount Rushmore that weekend, you better like motorcycles!!

Hey that might be an interesting tour.....ANTIFA said they were going to disrupt Sturgis this year and destroy the Hexxs Angles MC!!!???

Rick

• Haha 1

Antifa trying to disrupt the He!!'s Angels?

They may get to see where Jimmy Hoffa's buried?

PS: The Lions Pancake House will be open early in the AM starting Friday.

If you get up early, want coffee, breakfast and B.S., stop by and set down in an open chair. 

The food is great.

In 2014, the day started here and it will do so again in 2020.

There is no more fun than people?

• Thanks 1

GREAT NEWS!

We have golf cart rentals at RPRU 2020.

The company will be on grounds, at Gate 8, where the handicapped will park.

More info to come on the company and a phone number to get your rental.

Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrific news!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diesel Doctor said:

GREAT NEWS!

We have golf cart rentals at RPRU 2020.

The company will be on grounds, at Gate 8, where the handicapped will park.

More info to come on the company and a phone number to get your rental.

Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrific news!

Wishing you all the luck and a great show. I unfortunately can't make it but hopefully many can

GOLF CAR INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS

Personal golf cars/UTVs are allowed and golf cars are available for rent. Whether a personal car or a rental, the following requirements apply to all:

• All golf cars are required to have a permit ($40).  Permits are already included in golf car rental. If you are bringing your own car, permits will be available on site:

• A Certificate of Liability for a minimum of $500,000 liability for all cars is required and must state in the description box “for the use of a golf car on the South Dakota State Fairgrounds”. Permits can be emailed to shelley.noonan@state.sd.us or must be presented upon arrival.

• There will be a waiver of rights and release of liability form to sign upon arrival at the show.

• Only licensed drivers can operate any type of vehicle on the grounds.

The following are NOT ALLOWED:

• Four-wheelers

• ATVs

• Motorcycles

• Mopeds or bicycles

Golf Car Reservations: Call 605-275-4653 for reservations.

Rental fees are as follows (permit fee included):

• 2 passenger car - $110/day

• 4 passenger car - $135/day

• Paddle-lock: one-time fee of $25 (Optional – you can bring your own lock)

Hours of Operation: NB Golf Cars will be available on-site August 7-10, 2020, 8 AM – 5 PM.

Pickup Policy

Please have driver’s license and sales order number available when picking up a car. Individuals must be licensed and at least 18 years old to pick up car and fill out both a NB Golf Cars rental and Red Power Round Up waiver.

Cancellation Policy

Rain or Shine. No refunds will be issued once reservation is placed. Cars must be returned by 5 PM of last day of reservation period to avoid a late charge. NB Golf Cars reserves the right to charge for cars that are not returned to golf car compound after the rental term is concluded.

Lost or Stolen Cars

Locks are STRONGLY encouraged to avoid theft. All cars are similar in style and age. Keys are interchangeable. NB Golf Cars will have bicycle locks available for a $25.00 rental fee. Lock codes must not be changed after issue. NB Golf Cars reserves the right to charge for lock replacement if the lock is not able to be opened after the car is returned. No additional cars will be issued due to a lost or stolen car. Damages: NB Golf Cars reserves the right to charge for all damages.

was there in 2014 and loved it, was planning on going in 2020 but with the border closed and all this covid bs and the fact my wife just got through a round of cancer we will be staying home, hope it will be a awesome show and if you could post lots of pictures it would be appreciated very much. was hoping to pick up a rebuilt rd series injection pump for my 806 and a bunch of other parts for some of my cub cadets and other tractors.

2 hours ago, Qc.Can.IH man said:

I was hoping to go, but just this morning they announced that the Canada/US border will be closed until August 21! ?

So I guess there won’t be any Canadians attending this year!

that really sucks, with RPRU being as close to the border as it ever will get.

About time to load the trucks/trailers.

We are really close to ready for a great show.

Hope to see you all there!

• Like 1

I sent my vendor package in the other day, staying at the super 8, now all I have to do is finish getting my stuff ready.  I'm still looking for someone to guarantee nice weather!  I'm going to bring my pellet grill along so people will smell food cooking and stop in to visit,. I couldn't get a swimsuit model to come along so grilling food will have to work!

• Haha 2