My I be excused please

48 minutes ago, amsashooter said:

But it's soooooo sexy sounding ?

46 minutes ago, dale560 said:

As you get older you find peace and quiet sexy.

I like the sound of a straight pipe ..... For about ten minutes, unless I start working it before the second 5 minutes. Then I will be tired of it very shortly. 

Neighbor put a straight pipe on his 1566 and plowed 10 acres and he will not have one of his farming tractors with a straight pipe again 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, oldtanker said:

Me too........

Rick

Me 3....... What?

10 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Long axles, love em. 

Until you catch one on your barn post and bust it in half and about bring the roof down on your head. ?

No I've never done that. On a brand new barn. 

Earthquake?

12 hours ago, New Englander said:

Keep listening and you'll end up like me - a hearing aid in each ear!

i was going to say that same thing....i need some just keep putting off getting them 

Turbo motor with a straight pipe is music to my ear plugged ears that is sweet !!

I always wear hearing protection when I run any machinery now.

Too many years in a cab and machine shop to many 1/4 mile passes with open headers has taken it's toll.

Teach your young ones to wear hearing protection and safety glasses also so they don't end up like some of us.  

• Like 3
13 hours ago, New Englander said:

Keep listening and you'll end up like me - a hearing aid in each ear!

Indeed. I have hearing loss and ringing in my ears. Back in high school I drove a new at the time open station straight pipe 1256 for 3 years- Spring and Fall heavy tillage work. No hearing protection. I think I wrecked my hearing at an early age. It sounded good at the time. Oi.....

22 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

Indeed. I have hearing loss and ringing in my ears. Back in high school I drove a new at the time open station straight pipe 1256 for 3 years- Spring and Fall heavy tillage work. No hearing protection. I think I wrecked my hearing at an early age. It sounded good at the time. Oi.....

What??

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, searcyfarms said:

i was going to say that same thing....i need some just keep putting off getting them 

I got to the point that when somebody said something I'd turn to my wife to find out what was said.

Even with expensive hearing aids I'm at a loss in high background noise situations.

You young guys have the opportunity to save your hearing now; don't be like those of us who didn't. Jet engines were especially bad as they hit you hard in high frequencies but ALL loud noise does damage.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jeeper61 said:

Turbo motor with a straight pipe is music to my ear plugged ears that is sweet !!

Too many years in a cab and machine shop to many 1/4 mile passes with open headers has taken it's toll.

Teach your young ones to wear hearing protection and safety glasses also so they don't end up like some of us.  

I bought my boys muffs and they have a selection of safety glasses to chose from. Like seat belts they don’t know life without using them. They will break the cycle 

1 hour ago, jeeper61 said:

I'm right there with you! Carry a pair in my pants pocket at all times on the farm. Start something with an internal combustion engine, plugs go in. I get reminded every June that my hearing isn't too good and not getting any better. They have a threshold where you can't have a forklift license and I don't want to go there.

Our 856 with M+W on it came with a straight pipe. I was hoping it would sound as smooooooth and whistley as our 806 with an oversized Schweitzer (spelling) on it. It had a completely different sound. Had to put a muffler on it.  I think the turbo outlet and pipe on the 806 is a good 3/8-1/2" larger.  Would a m+w on a 856 have a much smaller turbo/outlet than a factory one on a 1256/1456?