Remote valve rebuild

I am rebuilding some remote valves and maybe I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be.........

These are doing the same as so many others, leaking out the cap in the end plug, so when I told my dealer I wanted the rebuild kits to do 4 remotes they gave me a bunch of O-rings and 4 tiny pins.

Is that all there is to keeping them from leaking out the back is one O-ring?  I guess I expected it to be more complex than that.

I took the two end plugs off, but didn't find anything that looked like it could be serviced, so I put them back in. I looked at the online parts diagram inside myshed, but I don't know what needs to be replaced and what didn't, so I left it up to the parts guy to get me the right pieces. 

valve1.jpg

Where does this pin go?  What are they for? I have had this completely apart and this isn't in here.

valve2.jpg

valve3.jpg

The parts guy gave me a bunch of small O-rings and one big one, I don't see where these would go.  The stuff in the bag was for 4 valves, so it seemed odd that I would only get three small O-rings per bag.  Did I get the right parts?

valve4.jpg

Am I missing anything?  Anything I need to know about putting these back together?

you do not have the spool completely apart in the picture the piston goes in the detent actuator housing  From the pictures you got I cannot really tell what o-rings you have,did you tell him you were taking the poppet valve apart along with the spool valve, Because the poppet valve very rarely leaks compared to the detent piston most people don't service those o-rings each time and as there is no premade up just o-ring kit for the valves he may have not known exactly what you want. 

I just went through this with mine. Not sure which valve you have there. It's my understanding the detent pin you have there is for a 66 series up. What I have shown here is a 56 series. See the little detent pin is longer with no o ring? It has a small o ring, and a backup washer and a little retainer that holds it in. That all goes ahead of your detent balls in the actuator. I do not see your larger o rings for the housing to keep the thing from leaking out the front where your levers hook up, and there usually Is one hanging on the spool when you pull it out that makes you feel like it doesnt belong. That one goes on spool piece as well. There should be a small o ring ahead of the actuator. On mine when I put the actuator back together I didnt have it seated in good enough and it leaked. Edit. Nevermind I see the one o ring on spool piece. What a have an arrow too is the actuator and needs to come out. Blue ribbon manual shows putting a small punch through the holes and threading it. If its tight it may have thread locker on it. I always out some blue on them so they wont back out when trying to adjust the spring from the back. 

20200405_150936.jpg

Screenshot_20200412-174208_Samsung Internet.jpg

The piston he has fits valve made in the 06-56 era being as his is yellow and he doesn't say what its for and doesn't have the actuater disassembled we have no idea if he needs that style or the one  in the breakdown which was used on 1971 and newer equipment

2 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

20200405_150952.jpg

50 minutes ago, R190 said:

The piston he has fits valve made in the 06-56 era being as his is yellow and he doesn't say what its for and doesn't have the actuater disassembled we have no idea if he needs that style or the one  in the breakdown which was used on 1971 and newer equipment

Ok I had the two styles backwards in my head. But that was the point of my post, that not knowing what he had it could be either one. Apparently I didn't explain well. Thanks 

So I did some digging and finally found my parts book for the loader.  These valves don't have the small piston with the little O-ring on them - which is good, because they are $30 each.  So all I really need is to replace the O-rings and that will seal it up and keep it from leaking?

What do the detent balls do?  Is that for the float position?  One valve on this has the long tube off the back and the other does not, so I would assume that is what it is for.

valve5.jpg

valve6.jpg

Loader remote valve.jpg

The little piston is called an unlatching piston.  It's purpose is so you push or pull your aux valve lever , leave it and when the cylinder reaches it's end of stroke or preset stroke the piston kicks that large ball out from between those small balls and valve centers it's self.

On some valves there is no piston , no hole for one, so you unlatch it manually. Other valves don't have a latch period so you have to hold the valve all the time. 

I never worked around the construction side equipment so really only familiar with the ag side which all used unlatching pistons, of which there were two styles and two sizes of the later style for different pressure systems.

2 hours ago, pete23 said:

The little piston is called an unlatching piston.  It's purpose is so you push or pull your aux valve lever , leave it and when the cylinder reaches it's end of stroke or preset stroke the piston kicks that large ball out from between those small balls and valve centers it's self.

On some valves there is no piston , no hole for one, so you unlatch it manually. Other valves don't have a latch period so you have to hold the valve all the time. 

I never worked around the construction side equipment so really only familiar with the ag side which all used unlatching pistons, of which there were two styles and two sizes of the later style for different pressure systems.

Industrial equipment doesn't use the unlatching piston pins

On 4/13/2020 at 4:29 PM, ksfarmdude said:

Industrial equipment doesn't use the unlatching piston pins

SOME Industrial doesn't, my 2606 had unlatching pistons very original tractor.

Hey, Guys.

I am rebuilding one of these valves.  Mine has the smooth, unlatching piston.  How do you get the plug out to replace the tiny o-ring?  On other posts, I've seen it referred to as a "retainer."  In my manual, the plug is no. 28.  Any help would be appreciated.