Sign in to follow this  
oleman

Another tool, nipple extractor that works.

Latest tool still made in America, simple and functional.

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

• Like 1

-hands down- best pipe extractor I've ever seen.  We used that exact style one, can't verify it was ridgid but I believe it was as all of the other pipe tools are, used it for 40 years on the 3/4 and 1" water pipes running through the tie still cow barn.  Never let us  down. Just had to make sure it was driven in pretty soIid like. 

I have used an internal expanding pipe extractor since back around 1990 or before. They will expand to fit more than one size pipe and work for right and left hand threads. McMaster-Carr has them listed in 4 sizes for 3/8" to 1" pipe size. Works the same way as a stud extractor.

Internal Knurled-Grip Extractors

5371a16p1-a07a-digital@halfx_63692233934

Being that I’m a plumber, I like the rigid one better, especially on bid pipe. The knurled one is only good up to 3/4” nipples or pipe. We have a set of them at the shop from 3/4”to 2”. I’ve broken more of the knurled ones than I can count. 

• Like 1

Thought this topic was going to be about breast pumps

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Thought this topic was going to be about breast pumps

Dude, that is just wrong

9 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

Dude, that is just wrong

I have 4 kids and they all nursed 2 years each and the last one getting started, I know alot about the subject

• Like 1

Twenty years I never had a busted nipple, busted t's, busted unions, busted elbows, but never anything so tight as to need an extraction fitting like this, first time for everything.

You guys would have loved our old threader, ridgid 400, bloody bear to handle.

1 hour ago, Rusty shackleford said:

I have 4 kids and they all nursed 2 years each and the last one getting started, I know alot about the subject

My wife nursed to, different for each kid, and if her nipple or nipples, would have gotten caught in a breast pump He!! Would have been a more pleasant experience than our house. Momma would have been mad, and not happy, so no one would have been happy in this house.    

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

My wife nursed to, different for each kid, and if her nipple or nipples, would have gotten caught in a breast pump He!! Would have been a more pleasant experience than our house. Momma would have been mad, and not happy, so no one would have been happy in this house.    

We got the old.milking machine for people boobs, when my missis goes in for her cancer stuff I got to have milk to give to baby bunny so she pumps amd stores it. It's like a dairy farm here but more fun to watch

28 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Twenty years I never had a busted nipple, busted t's, busted unions, busted elbows, but never anything so tight as to need an extraction fitting like this, first time for everything.

I had a pair of bib overalls that rubbed wrong all day and felt like I had one busted haha

Just now, Rusty shackleford said:

I had a pair of bib overalls that rubbed wrong all day and felt like I had one busted haha

I know what you mean, I was coming home from LA one time just outside of bakersfield and a hornet stung me on my left nipple, just a t shirt on, could pull over fast enuff, double D in 20 seconds.

• Haha 1

I didn't know what to expect!

II do find a woman nursing a baby very attractive. Not sexy but attractive. I've spent plenty of time feeding breast milk that was pumped.

Thx-Ace

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, acem said:

I didn't know what to expect!

II do find a woman nursing a baby very attractive. Not sexy but attractive. I've spent plenty of time feeding breast milk that was pumped.

Thx-Ace

I'm 73 and I still find nursing attractive, but I think we've lost the gist of this post. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dasnake said:

I wish I can say that. Steam boiler piping is the worst. The pipe and fittings will grow together and you won’t get apart without cutting. I remember working at a local company on there old boiler system that had a leak in the condensate line. After a day of cutting and threading, I got it fixed and running again. The next several days was the same, start where I stopped and fix the leak that started a couple of fittings away. Took four day to get all the leaks repaired. About a month later was the same. I ended up repairing that area the next summer. Took me about two weeks.  It’s hot and sweaty, finger pinching, knuckle busting work. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mike Stearns said:

I wish I can say that. Steam boiler piping is the worst. The pipe and fittings will grow together and you won’t get apart without cutting. I remember working at a local company on there old boiler system that had a leak in the condensate line. After a day of cutting and threading, I got it fixed and running again. The next several days was the same, start where I stopped and fix the leak that started a couple of fittings away. Took four day to get all the leaks repaired. About a month later was the same. I ended up repairing that area the next summer. Took me about two weeks.  It’s hot and sweaty, finger pinching, knuckle busting work. 

Did some time on condensate as an apprentice, they never seemed to be able to get the threading machine on the same deck.  Oh well