756 remote valve leaking

Missouri Mule

I finally got my 756 all back together for the most part and got to test run the thing a little. Luckily for me the remote valve I just re sealed is leaking out the back through detent plug hole on one of them. I took it all back apart and cant find anything wrong. Though I must of cut an o ring or something. Which o ring should I be focusing on here the detent portion or the larger o ring ahead of the detent that when you pull the spool out it always looks like it doesn't belong? It's a steady drip out the back while idling. Thanks 

6 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

I finally got my 756 all back together for the most part and got to test run the thing a little. Luckily for me the remote valve I just re sealed is leaking out the back through detent plug hole on one of them. I took it all back apart and cant find anything wrong. Though I must of cut an o ring or something. Which o ring should I be focusing on here the detent portion or the larger o ring ahead of the detent that when you pull the spool out it always looks like it doesn't belong? It's a steady drip out the back while idling. Thanks 

Did you replace all the o-rings ? there's to larger ones in the valve body and then there's very small ones inside the spool valve itself 

4 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

Did you replace all the o-rings ? there's to larger ones in the valve body and then there's very small ones inside the spool valve itself 

Yep. It's actually a 66 series valve with the smaller rubber detent pin because it's a "middle valve" I added for power beyond. New detent pin, seal backer and o ring. 2 new o rings inside spool housing. I just am not sure if it's the detent leaking through or around it. Hoping based off the area its leaking someone could tell me which o ring to focus on. I guess while it was running I should of looked inside to see if the oil was coming out of the detent plug hole in the end (adjuster plug) or around it. All o rings look good and not cut or rolled. I'm scratching my head. 

21 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Yep. It's actually a 66 series valve with the smaller rubber detent pin because it's a "middle valve" I added for power beyond. New detent pin, seal backer and o ring. 2 new o rings inside spool housing. I just am not sure if it's the detent leaking through or around it. Hoping based off the area its leaking someone could tell me which o ring to focus on. I guess while it was running I should of looked inside to see if the oil was coming out of the detent plug hole in the end (adjuster plug) or around it. All o rings look good and not cut or rolled. I'm scratching my head. 

Ok a pic of it would be very helpful also for seeing the valve 

I think I figured it out. Apparently I disnt have the detent threaded in all the way leaving a slight gap on the o ring 16 in parts view. These little detents are hard to me because you dont want to crank on them. I'm guessing that was my issue and I should of took better care. A good look with a flashlight revealed my issue. I just was mad because the seat, all remote lines, pto handle etc. All had to come back off the gain access. Sometimes you gotta walk away for a few minutes. Lol

20200405_150936.jpg

20200405_150952.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cdfarabaugh said:

Usually that leak is caused by that teeny tiny o-ring on the detent release pin.  

You mean 10,11,12 in parts view? All new. But the actuator "9" is what I had about 1/2 turn from the 16 o ring being seated good. So essentially it's the same leak right? 

Heres my power beyond install. I figured a clean way to install it and not discard my sheet metal around the hydraulic seat. Its still to be put on here. I did have to make a small notch in floor board. Now it needs a bath 

20200404_161648.jpg

20200404_120443.jpg

20200404_120434.jpg

20200404_120422.jpg

• Like 2

If there was a gap around o-ring #16 it's going to leak.  Why are you afraid to cranking on them.  I have never broke one off tightening it up.  I stick a punch through two of the detent ball holes and tighten.

4 hours ago, Charlieu said:

If there was a gap around o-ring #16 it's going to leak.  Why are you afraid to cranking on them.  I have never broke one off tightening it up.  I stick a punch through two of the detent ball holes and tighten.

I just feel like if not careful you could damage it. I know the blue ribbon manual specifically says to do this. I've also taken them apart and like to never get them broke loose even with heat. I do install a little dab of blue thread lock so when adjusting the detent plug they dont try to back out. I've had that happen lots on them just trying to adjust them. 

3 hours ago, Red666 said:

looks very nice. a lot better than cutting a big notch out of the seat support.

Thanks. I spent alot of time to do it this way. I'll post some pictures when it's all done with all the sheetmetal back on. It will hide it all nicely. Sure beats letting them hang out the back.